My boyfriend has the Curve and we have made a theme for him, but when ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovie32 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can anyone help me??

Advertisement

My boyfriend has the Curve and we have made a theme for him, but when we hook it up to the desktop manager and try to add it, it will not recognize it. I can hook up my pearl and it will recognize it when we try. I don't know what to do with it anymore. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    each phone has a specific software....your pearl has dif software then the curve
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    The curve and the pearl have have to different operating systems. A theme that works on the pearl will never work on the curve. If you built the theme for the pearl you have to build another for the curve in your plazmic theme builder

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    If indeed you did make the theme for the Curve and it still does not recognize it than you have to Download the software (OS) for the Curve and install it on your system, then you shouldn't have any problems installing Theme built for the Curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so then I would have to download the OS for 4.2 which is his system right? I have made the theme for his phone already

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by lovie32 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so then I would have to download the OS for 4.2 which is his system right? I have made the theme for his phone already

Correct, you have to DL the same OS that is installed on your phone and install it to your PC, Unless you are planning to upgrade your phones OS.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Thank you so much for you time!! I'll give it a try and see what happens

where would I go to get that? On the bb site? would it be the desktop software?

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    No it is not the Desktop Software, it is your Phone Operating System software and you need to download it from your carriers website.

If you goto my blog, you will find "My Third Party Apps" scroll to the bottom and you will find all of the available OS for all carriers, simply select the appropriate one, then download to your PC and the click to install to your PC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Will that ruin my OS on my computer for my pearl? Or will it keep both of them? Would it be better to add the OS to my boyfriends computer?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    No, it won't ruin the OS on the computer. They will "co-exist" peacefully! LOL