I would like to know if there is a way to add applications like themes ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

How can I add applications without using Desktop Software?

Advertisement

I would like to know if there is a way to add applications like themes and such without using desktop software. I tried various desktop software for my bb curve including Desktop Software Version 4.3 and newer and both failed. My device is not supporting it and dont know why. Thanks.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Look for OTA or (Over The Air) applications. These files will download and be able to be installed directly to your phone. You should use your BB to view the Stacks to navigate to these Themes and Apps.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    javi you need to install your BBs operating system onto your PC...then it will work fine

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I had read on a different thread about just transfering an app to your memory card just using the windows "explore" feature to open the blackberry's folders and transfer the app. However, I haven't had any luck with this as it seems that the blackberry can't recognize most apps with out the BB DM transfering it.

It seems to be an all or nothing deal with/without the BB DM

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by amcat View Post
    Look for OTA or (Over The Air) applications. These files will download and be able to be installed directly to your phone. You should use your BB to view the Stacks to navigate to these Themes and Apps.
    I would have to agree.. OTA is probably your best bet. Take care.