My roommate has a 8300 att curve. Whenever he uses the camera it shows a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1

Camera problem on 8300

Advertisement

My roommate has a 8300 att curve. Whenever he uses the camera it shows a black box. its the size of the viewfinder. So when he goes back out to the home screen there is a massive blackbox that wont go away no matter what. You have to do a batter pull to get it to go away.

I did some troubleshooting on it and was unsuccessful. I wiped it, and loaded the latest OS from the BB website. The problem still occurs. Has anyone else seen this also? He bought this blackberry recently from someone.

here is an idea of what it looks like.. please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    seems to be hardware issue, i would think that it is software because it sounds like it, waht you can try doing is loading a different os version on it, i dont see how it would that change anything, but it is worth a shot, otherwise is is defenetly hardware issue. I am no expert, but as far as i know, after wiping and reinstalling and getting the same thing, it cannot be software issue.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    yeah, he had the older version OS on there previously. I updated to the latest and greatest and the problem is still there.. thats what i think it might be is hardware related...

any other takers at this??

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    I get simillar thing time to time, when i open opera mini beta it always asks me to aprove the conection (Really annoying!) Very rarely the premission windows stays burned in for a minute or two, while the work flow keeps going, its not the same as i know mine is software related, yours is on the other hand nothing i have heard before, i would have to say that it is hardware as the only time it happens is when you use the camera.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene