Ok, I have the Blackberry Curve 8300 v4.2.2.89(platform 2.4.0.39) I have been having problems with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jeffls417 no está en línea Stack level 1

Camera Problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Ok, I have the Blackberry Curve 8300 v4.2.2.89(platform 2.4.0.39)
    I have been having problems with my camera. When I pull up the camera it shows what I am aiming it at but there is a "bluish" hue around everything. It does not matter whether I'm indoors/outdoors/low light.....whatever. It will actually act like it is taking the picture, by that I mean, it will make the click noise and the screen will go blank and then back to the camera. Then I go into my media and the pic is white with a little red "x" in the top left corner. I have performed a "soft?" and "hard?" reset, I have wiped my handheld about 4 times and I have now installed 4.5 desktop software on my pc, (should that change anything on the phone?). So since none of that fixed it I assumed that it wasn't a software issue but more of a hardware, So then I called a local phone repair store and got a new camera for the phone. I just installed it and performed a (hard?) reset by pulling the battery and there is still the problem. So with all that being said I would appreciate ANY feedback that might help me resolve this problem. I have called ATT and I'm not going to risk sending my phone there and getting a charge for a new phone, I am getting the Bold as soon as I can, but I would like to fix this one on principal. Any info would be appreciated.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to the forums.
    If you go into the camera app, hit menu > options and tell us what settings you have there. Try to change the settings to fine from superfine and see if that makes a difference. If that doesnt work, try to save to your device memory and not a media card (if you have one) or vice versa. If that doesnt work do a search on here for the latest 8300 OS. It is 4.5.0.52 i believe for your model. When you download and install that, connect your device to your PC and let it update. This process can take 30-45 minutes. After that try the camera again, see if it is still blue.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

Default flash setting: automatic
    White balance: Automatic
    picture size: large ( 1600x1200)
    Picture Quality: Fine
    Viewfinder mode: Normal
    Color Effect: Normal

Changed setting "picture quality" to superfine, fine and normal.
    already tried changing the settings

I have the 4.5.0.13 I don't know where to get 4.5.0.52, it is not on the blackberry website. so with the software I have it is still blue.

youngkwangk no está en línea Stack level 2
    that's one of the bug in 4.5

it is fixed on 4.5.0.55

Ok, that is good to know but I don't think that's the problem since I had it before I downloaded 4.5, but I will try to change it. My phone is still 4.2.289, will that change? Also, where do i download 4.5.0.55? Thank you for your help

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

BanhiDancer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you try saving your pics to a different folder? That happened on my friend's 8310, we switched the "Store Pictures" folder (she just made a new folder) and the problem was solved.

Ok, I just updated my phone to v4.5.0.37 and I also tried making a new folder to save to. No changes. Any other ideas?

I really appreciate all the help that you all have been so far. I'm about ready to pull my hair out. haha