When taking pictures and saving to device memory, the pictures are not saving correctly. I'll ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kaiyijo no está en línea Stack level 1

Camera not saving pictures

Advertisement

When taking pictures and saving to device memory, the pictures are not saving correctly. I'll see a 4k size blank .jpg thumbnail that doesn't display when clicked on.

From viewing status in option, I have 18MB free. I have the five apps open aside from camera (messenger, phone, home, messages, and Push to talk) . I tried a "battery pull" reset where I pulled the battery out for 30+seconds.

I changed the picture resolution to 640x480 at Normal quality.

None of these seem to work.

I'm able to save images from the web into my device, just can't seem to take a picture and save that image. Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Camera not saving pictures

it sounds like it's a defect with the phone, if you've tried a battery pull. Back up your device then try a wipe, and reload the software. If not contact your service provider and they should do an excahnge for you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack. Have you ever been able to save pix and view them? If you move the pix to your computer can you see them that way? Can you save directly to the memory card, if so try that and see if you can view them on your computer.

Let us know what happens.

kaiyijo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi thanks for both your advice, I just got a replacement phone from Amazon, pretty quick service! The camera in new Curve works now. The old phone never showed the intermittent save/rename/mail menu at all, so maybe I just got a defect?