I've been working on my friends phone trying to figure out what is wrong with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Camera not functioning asking me to close other applications before .

Advertisement

I've been working on my friends phone trying to figure out what is wrong with it. There are no other applications open at this time. I assumed at first that it was a memory issue so I got her a memory card and transferred her pics to the media card and the message still shows up. I then removed the memory card all together and the message still shows up. I was thinking at this point that there may be some kind of corrupt file there so I backed up the device wiped it and then restored her phone. I still got the message. I left memory card in there after the first restore so I removed the memory card and did another wipe and did not restore it this time and I still get the same error message when trying to use the camera. At this point I'm at a loss and thinking that maybe it might be something corrupt in the OS possibly? Has anyone else ran into this before?

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    did you format the memory card to their phone?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yup

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have encountered this a few times and I usually go for an appload of the device and if that doesn't work sometimes i've seen it be a faulty phone and need to be replaced

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Mark always to the rescue! Thanks for your help once again. I figured thats what it was. I don't have the O/S for the 8320 so I told her to go ahead and take the phone back and get it exchanged and told her if there was any problems to have Tmobile call me and I would explain to them what I did.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Os

I also encountered this problem once, I just reloaded the OS and everything was back to normal.
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS v4.6.0.112

agallowa no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how do I reinstall the os for the curve on tmobile? My fiances curve is doing the same thing. Everytime she trys to use the camera it says close all other apps first but nothing else is open.please help me asap.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    If you have never utilized desktop manager and have never done any technical work on your blackberry I would definitely recommend taking it into T-mobile and having them work it on it if it is under warranty. My opinion is if there is warranty on the device let someone else work on it. With some carriers messing with the O/S can void the warranty on the device. If the phone is out of warranty, feel free to let us know and we can walk you through reinstalling the O/S on the device.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    yeah you can either update the same operating system or you can download the newest one, which im not exactly sure what the latest os is for the 8320. but always check this forum for the newest ones.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com