Hello- wondering if anyone has run into this problem with the 8300 camera. All of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bailee. no está en línea Stack level 1

camera malfunction 8300

Advertisement

Hello- wondering if anyone has run into this problem with the 8300 camera. All of a sudden, when I open the camera, the picture in the viewfinder is in a black/white/sepia negative type image. Then, when the camera should be showing the preview, it's just blank black, and if I try to go into the media folder, the thumbnail doesn't even show up- it's just the photo icon.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
    b.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-12-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: correct device

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    So do you have a 8300 with that issue or is it an 8100?

1. Have you tried doing a hard reboot on your phone?

2. Have you gone to your options section of your camera menu and make sure your color effect as at normal?

bailee. no está en línea Stack level 1
    i've hard rebooted, checked all the settings, cleaned out all the hardware as best i can... coming here was a last resort.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-12-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: remove unneeded dialog

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    You may need an OS update to try and fix the camera issue. I've seen a similar issue with an 8310, but we tried wiping everything with JL_CMDR and reloaded everything and the problem remained. We had to get the device replaced. Hopefully your issue won't be this extreme.