Is anyone having blurry camera issues on their 8900? I notice now each time I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Camera Issues on 8900...

Advertisement

Is anyone having blurry camera issues on their 8900? I notice now each time I go into my camera it shows clear for a sec then it makes a clicking noise and the image becomes very blurry. And it’s not on zoom. When I actually zoom it becomes worst. I'm guessing its’ going bad but just wanted to see if anyone had this issue in the past. Since I’m under warranty I will call TMO and see if they can send me a replacement.

Also do you think it’s’ better to go dir to a TMO store to get an exchange and just back up my phone prior and reload the backup on the new phone or go through TMO Customer Service by calling them and have them send me a phone and I do a device switch. Are both methods the same?

Hired no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    Is anyone having blurry camera issues on their 8900? I notice now each time I go into my camera it shows clear for a sec then it makes a clicking noise and the image becomes very blurry. And it’s not on zoom. When I actually zoom it becomes worst. I'm guessing its’ going bad but just wanted to see if anyone had this issue in the past. Since I’m under warranty I will call TMO and see if they can send me a replacement.

Also do you think it’s’ better to go dir to a TMO store to get an exchange and just back up my phone prior and reload the backup on the new phone or go through TMO Customer Service by calling them and have them send me a phone and I do a device switch. Are both methods the same?
    I don't think you can go to a tmo store to replace your phone, I believe you have to call and get them to send you a new (which you have to pay for shipping)
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have the same issue. I think it is just the way they are. Most likely the shutter speed is too slow.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have a 2 month old AT&T branded, and my camera works really well-no issues. At 3.2 mp, it should be really clear. I think your particular devices may have some issues, and that its not all 8900's. I know several people here that have 8900s and have never heard them talk about an issue with the camera.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yes it should be clear, this issue just arise for maybe the past two weeks now. I had the phone since it was rel, I never had this issue and I havent installed a new OS in awhile so I dont think it's the OS. I'm currently running 4.6.1.250. I called TMO they want me to reinstall the OS and see if that fixes. I will do just that and hopefully they will send me a replacement if the issue still occurs. I will post my results once I install TMO's 4.6.1.231 OS.

Thanks for all the replies.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    Photography 101.

the zoom on a BB is a "digital zoom", not an "optical zoom" that would find on a traditional DSLR or a SLR. So when you zoom on your 8900 the lens is not actually reaching out to the focus point, its just cropping and enlarging the image. that is why it looks like crap.

I NEVER use the zoom on my 8900. and on all my cameras I disable the digital zoom.

also, are you using the track ball the snap the picture? I would use two hands to hold the phone, and use the side button to snap the picture.

By using two hands you will make the camera more stable.

also, when you use the side button, you will notice that when you hold the buttom half way you will get a green box on your screen. that means that the camera's auto-focus computer has finished calibrating. When you see the green box, you can now completely depress the shutter button to actually snap the picture.

this is a common problem with digital photography. People never let the camera focus on its own. if you are just depressing the shutter button in one motion you are not giving the auto-focus computer a chance.

if that doesn't work you can force the flash by hitting the space bar. perhaps you are not getting enough light.

also, are you trying to capture things in motion? well good luck to you sir.

if you want a real camera go pick up a $1,000 SLR or even a $100 quicksnap will take far better pictures than your $600 8900.
    Last edited by paulypaul; 08-21-2009 at 05:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul View Post
    Photography 101.

the zoom on a BB is a "digital zoom", not an "optical zoom" that would find on a traditional DSLR or a SLR. So when you zoom on your 8900 the lens is not actually reaching out to the focus point, its just cropping and enlarging the image. that is why it looks like crap.

I NEVER use the zoom on my 8900. and on all my cameras I disable the digital zoom.

also, are you using the track ball the snap the picture? I would use two hands to hold the phone, and use the side button to snap the picture.

By using two hands you will make the camera more stable.

also, when you use the side button, you will notice that when you hold the buttom half way you will get a green box on your screen. that means that the camera's auto-focus computer has finished calibrating. When you see the green box, you can now completely depress the shutter button to actually snap the picture.

this is a common problem with digital photography. People never let the camera focus on its own. if you are just depressing the shutter button in one motion you are not giving the auto-focus computer a chance.

if that doesn't work you can force the flash by hitting the space bar. perhaps you are not getting enough light.

also, are you trying to capture things in motion? well good luck to you sir.

if you want a real camera go pick up a $1,000 SLR or even a $100 quicksnap will take far better pictures than your $600 8900.
    Ok However, I'm not using any ZOOM on the camera. The settings are set to normal and on small sizes, auto flash. I have sufficient lighting. I do use the side button to snap a picture. The issue is before taking a picture not while taking. Once I enter in camera mood for a briedf second its crystal clear, then I hear a click noise and everything becomes blurry. I havent attempt to take a picture as yet. I notice it doesnt auto focus as it use to, and the box doesn't get green again. I think the auto focus is out of whack.

I just want the camera to work correctly as before. I'm no professional photograger to go and buy a expensive camera as you mention. I just use the camera on my phone when convienant. Recently it's been acting up . But thanks for the lesson anyhow. I'm sure others will take it into consideration. I just thinks it's time for a replacement.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Definatly sounds like a hardware issue. You stated you have T-Mo with warranty just call them and have them send you out a new one.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    DO NOT settle for less than great images. This is the first focusing Blackbbery camera and along with the extra pixels, it works great. I am betting on hardware as the problem, too!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Well I figured, the only way to compare your camera to another camera is if I take some pictures. Here are a few upload's from my 8900 I took just to test the camera. Sorry removed one of the pictures. It had my licence plates in them. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kparker8900; 08-22-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Removed a picture

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Thanks for all the responses. Seems it is a hardware issue. I have a replacement on the way. Yes, I agree why settle for less when the camera does work beautifully that's why I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Those are some very nice, sharp, and clear images kparker8900 - that's what I'm use to.

Thanks again to all.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Got my replacement. Camera and everything else works Great .

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Thumbs down Yes!!!

Im having the same camera issue. The shutter speed is very slow. Be that as it may, I think it needs to be addressed.
    Wait, so all I have to do is call T-Mobile and request a replacement phone? Is that it?