I upgraded my OS (4.5.0.52) a few days ago and tried to use the camera ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

Camera Error msg

Advertisement

I upgraded my OS (4.5.0.52) a few days ago and tried to use the camera yesterday and got the "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." error. When I open the video camera it will remain open for a few seconds and then close itself.

I closed everything I could did numerous battery pulls and I'm still having the same issue. I have a 2MB card and have 23098336 bytes free, so I know it's not a memory issue. I tried upgrading to the 4.5.0.69 OS and the problem continued. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions?

I will be downgrading to the version T-Mobile has on their website, if the problem continues and I have to call customer service - is there any advice on what to say to get them to send me a new Curve and not a refurb? I paid full price (they didn't even give me the rebate..pfft) for my BB.. I don't want to send it in and get stuck with a used phone.
    Thanks!
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    sometimes you have to cose some other applications to get it to work right. theres an "alt+" code to cloe other applications but i dont remember what it is, but if you search the threads its in here somewhere. it should work it selfout and did you buy your curve within the last 30 days or was it longer than that?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    i bought it less than 6 months ago

krissybear14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You probably wouldnt have to resort to having to get a new one. You can probably just wipe the blackberry clean to start brandnew out of the box. Or like the guy said above hit the Alt and the Backbutton at the same time and it will show you all the applications you have up at the moment.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Update:

The camera issue couldn't be fixed, I called Tmo and they have to replace it.

krissybear14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Don't forget to downgrade the OS before returned it.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    if you still want to work at it while your replacement is received, you may want to try a wipe, it will clear out your BB and scrub so that nothing is really left. It also gives you the option to delete 3rd party. Im kinda going through the same problem right now, my video is not working.

One thing to note, with a seperate issue, I was having problems with my internet freezing, and a wipe took care of the problem. I going though the wipe for my camera problem right now and will update when there is more info.

PS. what 4.5 are you using, a beta or full release, that could be our problems.

If sending back, DONT FORGET TO PUT 4.2, IF NOT, VOIDS WARRANTY AND YOU WILL PAY. dont forget

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    UPDATE... I wiped my BB and it corrected my issue, I guess it had something with saving to the mem card. I was trying to change the dir by adding a file in the my videos and it never accepted, stating it could only save to the mem card. go fig? anyways, crises diverted