Hello All! I have upgraded to the newest OS for my curve 4.5.0.93. Havent really ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Camera and Video Recording Functions

Advertisement

Hello All!

I have upgraded to the newest OS for my curve 4.5.0.93. Havent really tried to record any video or take pictured since my first upgrade 4.5.0.55. Since my BDay was this weekend i decided to try it out. I wanted to run two things by everyone jusrt to make sure these quarks i saw were normal or if i should wipe and install 81 again. Alright the first thing is that when i take a picture, it does take the pic, but when i clock the trackball to take the pic the screen turns white for 1-2sec and then it goes back to the picture. Second has anyone else notices that when trying to take video when hitting record it take from 4-7 sec to start recording? Just want to know if anyone else has seen this or is having this issue and if i am just being paraniod. Any comments or help is appreciated by my fellow berryers. Thanks in advance.

FYI - when i upgraded when i was at 81, i did a wipe, installed 4.2 then upgraded to 4.5.0.93. Wondering if i should do a wipe and install 4.5.0.93 or back to 4.5.0.81....

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I don't notice those... I have a slight delay with the video recorder, but it was for a fraction of a second. Are you noticing any memory leak?

glock22c no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunately, i get the white screen when i take pic's as well. Ever since i went to ANY beta 4.5, it has done this. When i had 4.2, no issues. As for movie, never had any prob's, just starts recording. Once done, it finalizes. Can't help ya with that. If you have the time, it wouldn't hurt to downgrade if this is an issue to you. I'm rocking 4.5.0.81 on an ATT 8300. Hope this helps.

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    i have 4.5.0.81 and haven't noticed any of these issues

thanks everyone, i think i will do a mem cleanup and see if that changes anything, if not i'm going to wipe and install 81 again.

hey ya'll, should i remove the media card before i wipe and install 93 or 81 again?? Or should it no matter.

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    i heard once that you should remove the media card when you are doing anything with the os. not sure why, but i do it.

ty dear....I did, better safe then sorry.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Yeah, it's strange I've updated both my curve and pearl many times and never removed the memory card and didn't have any issues. Some have issues up and down if they don't remove it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drepope100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2576b7d1

Question 4.5.0.93 issues

i have a 8120 pearl with tmobile. i recently upgraded my os from .81 to .93. everything seems to work fine!! no memory lost, stability, it simply runs great, but, i lost my fave 5 app!! any ideas on how to reinstall?? thanx!!!!
    L.T.P.F.J

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ghostshell,
    Have you noticed anymore problems with your camera and video recorder? If not, what did you do to finally fix the problems? Just wondering because I seem to have the same problems.

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ghostshell,
    Have you noticed anymore problems with your camera and video recorder? If not, what did you do to finally fix the problems? Just wondering because I seem to have the same problems.

Dcmom