I've got an issue sending sms using the COMPOSE icon in my theme. It first ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Calling instead of sms

Advertisement

I've got an issue sending sms using the COMPOSE icon in my theme. It first brings up my addy book to select who it goes to. Then, it goes to the text box to enter the message. 97% of the time it will go to the text box, and others it calls them. Its getting pretty annoying. I'm completely baffled why my curve does this. I send a boat load of sms to friends and esp the gf but my friend Donte is the only one that does so. I've even deleted and re-added him in the addy book. I'm using the T-mo zen(icons on bottom dock) theme and have updated the os to .173 with no fix due to the update. Any ideas?
    Last edited by bigblue95z; 11-24-2007 at 02:16 AM.

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Calling instead of sms

Anyone?

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Mine did that yesterday! It does right for my hubby but it tried to call my Brother in Law. I thought I hit something wrong but it did it twice and I had to hit menu, compose SMS.

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

Hmmm I've never experienced this but I never use the compose icon so that could be why. I use the keyboard shortcuts to get the addressbook then quick scroll to who I want. Maybe try that till someone posts a solution to your problem

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry I never use the the compose icon, but when I just tried it it kept calling the person. I think for the most part its meant for emails. Since the corporate ties with BBs. That is the reason its calling. When you do go to compose just hit menu when the name is highlighted and then select sms.

Sorry that's all I can think off.

PIN/ID
    just ask

I have my left key set to Compose and it works find with my husband, though he is the one I text the most. I hit the trackball on his name and it lists the numbers I can chose from. But with my brother in law, it just started to dial. Light bulb!! My BIL just has one number under him, I wonder if that has something to do with it. Hmmm, must test. LOL

PIN/ID
    just ask

My findings:

* If they just have one number and you click compose, highlight the name and click - it will call them. You have to do Menu, Compose SMS, once you do this once, it will automatically do it from then on.

* If you have an email under their name, it will compose an email first. You again have to select Menu, compose SMS and it will automatically go to SMS from then on.

* If multiple numbers, but no email - see finding on just having one number.

recondo no está en línea Stack level 1

I too have experienced this and I found out that the BB will perform the last action you performed. So for the person you would like to sms, select them manually once as sms and all future ones should default to the last action. However, there might be some logic with the 1 number stored, it may require that one number to be stored in the "mobile" field as opposed to the "work" or "home" field. Good luck!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    My findings:

* If they just have one number and you click compose, highlight the name and click - it will call them. You have to do Menu, Compose SMS, once you do this once, it will automatically do it from then on.

* If you have an email under their name, it will compose an email first. You again have to select Menu, compose SMS and it will automatically go to SMS from then on.

* If multiple numbers, but no email - see finding on just having one number.
    Wow great trouble shooting!!! Thanks TNgal22!!

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

good team work, gusys

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks! I am learning the BB so I hope to help when I can!