I know that this question might be beating a dead horse, but I have searched ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Caller ID

Advertisement

I know that this question might be beating a dead horse, but I have searched and a not finding what I need. Is there a way to get caller ID on my curve? Numbers in my adress book show up fine, but the rest do not. Im on Sprint everything plan, running .160, and have the curve 8330. Any help would be great.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Dubie, caller ID is carrier specific and determined by the caller, so it's going to be hit or miss as to what shows up and what doesn't. I don't think there's any way to to get the IDs to show up all the time.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know how it is on Sprint but with Alltel the caller ID only shows up if it's in my contacts list - I think that's standard for most.

I like it that way because I have anyone in my contacts list who I want to talk to on my cell - that may not be common for most users but it works for me. If I get an unidentified caller, I don't answer - it's a simple formula. 1 out of 100 times it's a caller that isn't but they voice mail me and I add 'em to the list and call 'em back.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I never get any names with any calls except for the ones in my address book. I get private or blocked if the number is, but never any names. Strange. I saw a program from Handango that might do it, but Im not paying $30 for it.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Same here. I only get names for those in my address book. That's just the way it works.

And yes, 30 bucks is pretty steep.

anagirlca no está en línea Stack level 1
    There'a program that you can download onto your BB. Doesn't matter who your carrier is that will allow you to see the city and state of the phone call. It's called BerryACode. I'll upload it to my server for you to download. The file's really small and you install it using your DM. http://207.228.235.239/berryacode.zip

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by anagirlca View Post
    There'a program that you can download onto your BB. Doesn't matter who your carrier is that will allow you to see the city and state of the phone call. It's called BerryACode. I'll upload it to my server for you to download. The file's really small and you install it using your DM. http://207.228.235.239/berryacode.zip

Thanks
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Thanks ana, that's a tidy little program!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seems like a great program, but the only problem that I see is how transportable numbers are these days. If I was moving across the country, I would'nt even change my number becuase everyone has long distance now. Then when I call someone up that has this program it will show LA, CA instead of NY, NY.

Quote Originally Posted by somthinsim View Post
    It seems like a great program, but the only problem that I see is how transportable numbers are these days. If I was moving across the country, I would'nt even change my number becuase everyone has long distance now. Then when I call someone up that has this program it will show LA, CA instead of NY, NY.
    Right, but nothing's perfect. The ap can only report what it sees but it's still a help to have that info. (People need to stop moving around so much, huh? :d )

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Thats gotta be a pretty big install file ? last i knew it was just installing a database on your phone and last i had heard they had quit supporting it and wasnt updating it anymore, and I can think of several people I call now that have had thier prefix changed in the last few months.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

The file looks pretty small to me.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    yeah I checked it out, about 30kb, but whats weird is the site for it is no longer, and it seems its been out of commission for like over a year.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82
    YouMail Visual Voicemail shows the first and last name listed on the caller account when you miss a call or they leave a Voicemail. Great program and completely free.

halflife336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    I never get any names with any calls except for the ones in my address book. I get private or blocked if the number is, but never any names. Strange. I saw a program from Handango that might do it, but Im not paying $30 for it.
    My friend bought that app from handango and although $30 might sound steep it may be worth it.