[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hello everyone—my first post (actually 2nd now as I just responded to a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Callendar & Misc. Issues

Advertisement

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hello everyone—my first post (actually 2nd now as I just responded to a thread) and new to the Blackberry community—have been using a Nokia 6230 for several years—very satisfied with that but with deteriorating eyesight, the Curve’s screen size and adj. font size is very desirable. Acquired the curve a couple of weeks ago on Cingular and have been experiencing many of the same issues being talked about in this forum. My biggest issue was the inability to synch my calendar data. It appears to work now. I set up a BB and a gmail account—both have their own folders now on the main menu—then sent the service books. Instead of using synch on Device Manager, used backup. Then checked Outlook and my device calendar was there. Made several additions and deletions in Outlook then saved the data. Then synched my BB—all chances I made within Outlook was there. Thank you all for your comments, knowledge and inquiring minds. Now, I would like to impose on these minds for a brief question or two on a couple of minor issues. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Does the Curve have the ability to prepare a voice recording for one’s one use? Just want to record a portion of a phone call or perhaps leave myself a verbal note as I am driving. Have not been able to locate this feature.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Is there a way to delete push to talk without adding additional themes? Would like the additional space this would clear up but do not want any more themes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]When I receive a call—my call alert (song in my case) stops the moment I pull the curve out of the holster. Can this be changed to allow it to ring until I either answer or hit ignore?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am assuming there is some overhead in setting up BB and gmail accounts on the menu. I previously retrieved my email by using a gmail bookmark. I am currently thinking of removing these folders as the bookmark access to gmail was adequate. Are there any other advantages to leaving these two email folders on my menu? I’d appreciate any insight you can provide, Thanks—Dave [/FONT]

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Does the Curve have the ability to prepare a voice recording for one’s one use? Just want to record a portion of a phone call or perhaps leave myself a verbal note as I am driving. Have not been able to locate this feature.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Is there a way to delete push to talk without adding additional themes? Would like the additional space this would clear up but do not want any more themes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]When I receive a call—my call alert (song in my case) stops the moment I pull the curve out of the holster. Can this be changed to allow it to ring until I either answer or hit ignore?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am assuming there is some overhead in setting up BB and gmail accounts on the menu. I previously retrieved my email by using a gmail bookmark. I am currently thinking of removing these folders as the bookmark access to gmail was adequate. Are there any other advantages to leaving these two email folders on my menu? I’d appreciate any insight you can provide, Thanks—Dave [/FONT][/quote]
    Ok, the voice recorder is in in the applications folder, it looks like a microphone on top of a piece of paper. As for deleting only PTT without adding themes I would say just don't add the theme file back in during the process. I don't know about the ring problem but I'd like to know the answer to that as well. If you leave the icon on your home screen and have it setup on your BIS then the mail will automatically be pushed to your BB without you having to do anything. I have the icon on my home screen and I also have the gmail application installed. Hope that helps!Tucker

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Callendar & Misc. Issues

Thanks. will check the app folder for the microphone and try to disable PTT as well.