Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by drew4flt72 Download .133 and .152, DO NOT INSTALL YET ....Uninstall all other ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Download .133 and .152, DO NOT INSTALL YET....Uninstall all other OS's from your computer thru the add/delete program in control panel. Restart your computer. Install .133 first then install .152.

Copy and paste the GPRS folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.152_P4.2.0.91\GPRS) from OS .133 to .152, overwrite when asked.

I myself had problems with DM 4.7 but some have had success with it. I would recommend downloading DM 4.6 if you don't have it. Anyway, load up the DM as you would normally. As a side note: During installation take a peek at the GPRS file and mouse over it. If it's 13.7MB in size and has a date of 1/26/09, you are good to go. Enjoy your increased battery life and very stable OS with good connectivity.

Oh yeah, and youtube....

If you have successfully installed the .152 hybrid OS with .133 radio file, you should see: v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.85) on your About screen (Alt+EACE)

If you see v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.91)... you have been unsuccessful, and instead, would be running the standard .152 OS
    I'm about to give this a try right now.

EDIT: I did everything right, but I still see Platform .91. Do I have to downgrade my OS then upgrade again? If so then this is to much, I rather wait for a new OS.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 02-26-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    i can watch vids i download from youtube but my issue is that after watching them for a while, my 8900 will reboot. Anybody had that problem and how can i fix it? Currently running 4.6.1.114.
    Mine just did this for the 1st time. I'm don't frequent youtube much, but i was watching a vid just now and bam the screen went black and the red led stayed on. the video playback quality isn't great esp when trying to watch the "hd" versions.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I'm about to give this a try right now.

EDIT: I did everything right, but I still see Platform .91. Do I have to downgrade my OS then upgrade again? If so then this is to much, I rather wait for a new OS.
    Heavy, since you downloaded .152, you would need to downgrade to .133 and then reload the modified .152. Or completely wipe with JL commander and then download the modified .152. Either way, you need to download and install both OS's on to your computer. Do the gprs overwrite, delete the vendor file and then download just the modified .152 through DM to your phone. Once it is complete and you see this v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.85) on your About screen on your Curve, then you can go to add remove programs and delete .133 off of your computer.

Did you copy the .133 gprs folder to the .152 folder? Did it ask you to overwrite it? That is how you know it has been replaced. Once that is done, you go to DM and it will recognize the upgrade.
    __
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually tried my 8900 on WiFi today and it worked flawlessly. Except of course for youtube

It's a software issue plain and simple.
    __

infinitekris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AD9B13
    I am using hybrid .152 with .132 and i am watchin youtube on edge with no problem at all. I am liking the hybrid.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Heavy, since you downloaded .152, you would need to downgrade to .133 and then reload .152. Or wipe with JL commander and dl .133 and then upgrade to .152.

Did you copy the .133 gprs folder to the .152 folder? Did it ask you to overwrite it? That is how you know it has been replaced. Once that is done, you go to DM and it will recognize the upgrade.
    __
    Oh ok, so I have to reload the OS. That's to much work to do, I really don't want to go through all that. I'm hardly on Youtube anyway, I just wanted my phone to be perfect. I'll think about it though because at times I do want to watch some videos off youtube. I end up not doing so because of the error.

Good looks pdxmatt.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    The phone has been out for over 2 weeks. They really should have this problem worked out by now.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I hardly ever watch YouTube, so to me it's not worth going thru all the trouble of making a hybryd OS. Maybe someday RIM will fix the problem.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Oh ok, so I have to reload the OS. That's to much work to do, I really don't want to go through all that. I'm hardly on Youtube anyway, I just wanted my phone to be perfect. I'll think about it though because at times I do want to watch some videos off youtube. I end up not doing so because of the error.

Good looks pdxmatt.
    By doing the hybrid I also got the camera flash to work and better battery life. It was not just to get Youtube for me.

@Mdragon... If you don't want to do the hybrid, then you should use .133 for your OS..

.152 straight version was the one I had the no camara flash, no youtube, battery life issues and some data connection drops with.

PIN/ID
    Wait wait wait, what's the hybrid? I don't understand.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    The hybryd is the mixing of several OS's.

No, just two os's.. You are basically just using the .133 radio file and replacing it on the .152 file.. so you can get youtube and other more stable functions. It's a fix for now until a more stable os comes out. So your taking the good stuff from .152 and .133 and putting them together.

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Download .133 and .152, DO NOT INSTALL YET....Uninstall all other OS's from your computer thru the add/delete program in control panel. Restart your computer. Install .133 first then install .152.

Copy and paste the GPRS folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.152_P4.2.0.91\GPRS) from OS .133 to .152, overwrite when asked.

I myself had problems with DM 4.7 but some have had success with it. I would recommend downloading DM 4.6 if you don't have it. Anyway, load up the DM as you would normally. As a side note: During installation take a peek at the GPRS file and mouse over it. If it's 13.7MB in size and has a date of 1/26/09, you are good to go. Enjoy your increased battery life and very stable OS with good connectivity.

Oh yeah, and youtube....

If you have successfully installed the .152 hybrid OS with .133 radio file, you should see: v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.85) on your About screen (Alt+EACE)

If you see v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.91)... you have been unsuccessful, and instead, would be running the standard .152 OS
    Use this tuturial to do the hybrid

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast