Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok so I seen that the most recent OS have been having youtube issues, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Ok so I seen that the most recent OS have been having youtube issues, I tested them all and 144 works the best and more stable than the others, also make sure your apn settings are set to
    epc.tmobile.com

Works faster and allows you to view videos better than other settings
    Also if your on BES or regular BIS make sure you browser is set to internet browser
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

snoopy0011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by marcrott View Post
    where/how do i get this hybrid. i see snoopy and drew talking about it. my battery life sucks compared to my 8320.and id like to be able to watch youtube at least a little better. please tell me how to do it. thx
    when you upgrade your os, just replace .133 radio in .152 radio file.

radio code is located at:

c:/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/8900-v4.6.1.xxx_p4.2.0.xx/gprs/

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Download .133 and .152, DO NOT INSTALL YET....Uninstall all other OS's from your computer thru the add/delete program in control panel. Restart your computer. Install .133 first then install .152.

Copy and paste the GPRS folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.152_P4.2.0.91\GPRS) from OS .133 to .152, overwrite when asked.

I myself had problems with DM 4.7 but some have had success with it. I would recommend downloading DM 4.6 if you don't have it. Anyway, load up the DM as you would normally. As a side note: During installation take a peek at the GPRS file and mouse over it. If it's 13.7MB in size and has a date of 1/26/09, you are good to go. Enjoy your increased battery life and very stable OS with good connectivity.

Oh yeah, and youtube....

If you have successfully installed the .152 hybrid OS with .133 radio file, you should see: v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.85) on your About screen (Alt+EACE)

If you see v4.6.1.152 (Platform 4.2.0.91)... you have been unsuccessful, and instead, would be running the standard .152 OS

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Without upgrading my O.S., I found this on another thread and it works mostly for me (on wi-fi, not tested on GPRS or EDGE).

Go here instead: http://m.youtube.com

Best of luck. Some videos will play, others won't.

David

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just updated to the hybrid OS of .152 with .133 radio and now my Youtube works and my camera flash. Hopefully this will help with the battery drain. I will update and let you know.

P.S. converting to the hybrid was so easy

I'm glad it worked out for you PDX!!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    This happens to me to, I could be on wifi and I get the error. But I usually go to vuclip.com to find videos and save them to my BB. After saving the video I would watch it, but that's to much work. Youtube should be able to play with no problems.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8900 - 4.6.1.152 BETA
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.222
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks Drew! now i can be at peace with .152
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    thanks Drew! now i can be at peace with .152
    Glad to help Miz

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I guess i'm not understanding these youtube threads..........i can watch youtube videos fine by going to http://m.youtube.com .

Are y'all trying to go to www.youtube.com to watch them? i haven't had to upgrade my OS or anything.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    I guess i'm not understanding these youtube threads..........i can watch youtube videos fine by going to http://m.youtube.com .

Are y'all trying to go to www.youtube.com to watch them? i haven't had to upgrade my OS or anything.

The problem seem to arise when you upgrade the OS. If you stick with OEM T-Mo OS, you should be good to go. I went with the hybrid (.152 OS and .133 radio) and that has no problems playing YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post

Upgrading to .152 there is somehow a problem with getting youtube to work properly (.114 and .133 are fine). I hardly ever go there on my phone but low and behold, my mother-in-law emailed me a youtube link to watch just the other day and I would've been really annoyed if I weren't able to see it.

This phone is amazing and something as simple as watching a video should not be a problem. In case you were wondering, another benefit to this upgrade that I found was battery life. Much improved with this hybrid.

kvminor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F141A7
    I'm using .114 and haven't been able to get YouTube to work since day one. Everytime it goes to load it comes back with "An error has occurred attempting to play media."

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kvminor View Post
    I'm using .114 and haven't been able to get YouTube to work since day one. Everytime it goes to load it comes back with "An error has occurred attempting to play media."
    I would suggest going with the hybrid upgrade. I used .114 OS for about 15 minutes before I upgraded to .133 then finally to the hybrid .152 OS and .133 Radio. No problems at all viewing YouTube videos. And as was mentioned before, nice battery life.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    i can watch vids i download from youtube but my issue is that after watching them for a while, my 8900 will reboot. Anybody had that problem and how can i fix it? Currently running 4.6.1.114.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast