Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I am still unable to play youtube videos on my 8900. This has been a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Call T-MoTech Support About The YouTube Problem....

Advertisement

I am still unable to play youtube videos on my 8900. This has been a consistent problem will all of my updates. The video seems to load and then I get a connection setting error. I called T-Mobile and tech support told me that since there is no specific youtube agreement or application on the 8900 like there is on the G1, the phone will be unable to play streaming videos. I don't know. It just doesn't sound right to me.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you checked your tcp settings? or tried to watch when only using wifi?

I really don't use wi-fi unless I'm in an area with poor service. Otherwise, I'll just watch through my laptop. It really should work through EDGE.

snoopy0011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    I am still unable to play youtube videos on my 8900. This has been a consistent problem will all of my updates. The video seems to load and then I get a connection setting error. I called T-Mobile and tech support told me that since there is no specific youtube agreement or application on the 8900 like there is on the G1, the phone will be unable to play streaming videos. I don't know. It just doesn't sound right to me.
    which version of os are you using??

i am using hybrid os (.152os with .133 radio) and works fine.

I am using .152 but it hasn't worked with any of the OS either.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm on .152 and it works. It can be choppy because it's on EDGE but it works...no errors. Used it last night in the car with my 2 year old while we were waiting for mom to do some quick grocery shopping. Quick turned out to be 20 minutes and the little guy was getting restless. YouTube saved me.

marcrott no está en línea Stack level 2
    i piad ALLLLL this money for this phone. lol TMO or RIM better start talking to youtube!! its ridiculous. my friend has the G1 and her phone plays youtube seemlessly. if the G1 was blackberry sized, i would be tempter to get one. blackberry is so lucky they have such loyal customers, because most people wouldnt put up with paying upwards of 300 bucks for a phone and its not able to play youtube

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'll happily pay $300 NOT to play youtube. No offense, but that isn't one of the features I look at a phone for. I don't think I used it once when I owned the iPhone. To each his own though...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-20-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by marcrott View Post
    i piad ALLLLL this money for this phone. lol TMO or RIM better start talking to youtube!! its ridiculous. my friend has the G1 and her phone plays youtube seemlessly. if the G1 was blackberry sized, i would be tempter to get one. blackberry is so lucky they have such loyal customers, because most people wouldnt put up with paying upwards of 300 bucks for a phone and its not able to play youtube

G1 was designed to play youtube from the beginning because youtube is part of google. They made sure that Android would be able to use all google products that they were making available for mobile devices.

Youtube videos are set up to run through flash players which have not been available to many phones up to this date. Nokia has started introducing flash some of their new Symbian based models. We have seen and heard reports of Windows Mobile units now having flash available (some models require cooked software to accomplish this). For those units that are unable to play youtube directly, there have been some workarounds out there. I only know of one personally, mintube, but have read of and heard of others.

Hopefully Adobe and RIM can sit down together one day (if they haven't already) and come up with the code that will allow us to view flash videos on all of our Blackberries.

Zo

Let me correct that, for us to stream flash videos to our units.

Zo
    Last edited by Amigotek; 02-20-2009 at 07:18 PM.

I would welcome flash on mobile. I've often wondered, with all the mobile advancements, why its taken so long.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy0011 View Post
    which version of os are you using??

i am using hybrid os (.152os with .133 radio) and works fine.
    Yep, that's what I'm using as well. Also get great battery life with this hybrid...

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's not true Jeff.... it works with .114 and .133, just not with .152 for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    That's not true Jeff.... it works with .114 and .133, just not with .152 for some odd reason.
    ummmm Drew, maybe it worked with YOUR .114 and .133 but not mine.

Reluctantly (and at the amusement of my gf and kids) I just watched a wonderfully painful video of Hanna Montana on my .133 from youtube. I have to wash the ickyness off now, but it works on 2 .133 in this thread now.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-20-2009 at 11:16 PM.

marcrott no está en línea Stack level 2
    where/how do i get this hybrid. i see snoopy and drew talking about it. my battery life sucks compared to my 8320.and id like to be able to watch youtube at least a little better. please tell me how to do it. thx
    Last edited by marcrott; 02-21-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: needed to add more

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast