Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I downloaded .55 last night but haven't installed it yet, have you? I've had no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

I downloaded .55 last night but haven't installed it yet, have you? I've had no issues with .52 and am contemplating waiting for the next release unless someone can enlighten me as to why it would be worth installing .55.

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I installed it and love it so far! The only bad thing I have found so far is that when reading messages, there is a black square to the left of the date. I don't even remember what is supposed to be there. The Opera icon looks a little blocky, kind of like it is a low res picture. I'm not really sure what would be new from yours to mine though since I went from 4.2 you know! But I definitely like the 4.5 OS, the video camera, and the improved browser! But I can't set the view mode as default and when I set it to view mode, it skips over text boxes unlike it used to do... I personally like the view mode better, but maybe I was a minority... One other new thing I noticed is that it gave me the BB Dimensions L theme. I'm probably about to delete it because I like the Today themes. It has added geotagging in the camera options, again, may just be new to me... And lastly, everything looks cleaner in the media section. Darker black background and brighter, smoother lettering. But I'm sure that's the same on all 4.5's. BUT, it surprisingly free up TONS of memory. I still have all my 3rd party apps, trust me, I made sure. So the amount is- 21mb! It was 24mb but has slowly been going down. May be viigo articles, about 30 messages, and browser stuff. Although 3mb seems quite a bit to drain that much, but I don't really know, soooo... I doubt I was ANY help, but hey, I tried! (Sort of a newbie too... But I'm pretty tech savvy.)
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Ok, I've been playing around a little and discovered there is another option in the "Default Services" section of Options -> Something about "Calender (CICAL)" and under that my email... Applications List loads a lot faster... I can't see the total amount of space I had, now I only see "File Free:"... There are exceptions for "Adress Book Contacts" and "Specific Addresses" in the Firewall Settings (and in the MMS section of Options)... I now have a "Memory Cleaning" option in the Security Options... any idea what that is? Trying to re-download Opera Mini now to see if it fixes the low res problem... and one more thing I just saw -> Spell Check in the Messages Options. Nope, haha, another update -> When I push the Menu button in messages I have an Instant Message option and it opens BB Messenger.
    Last edited by Bnorwood1; 07-25-2008 at 02:21 AM.
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I love the HTML email! It's great! And ib figured how to take the pointer off and set it as default.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12