Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am running OS 4.2.2.170 on my 8310 Curve from AT&T and I am using ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7

Call Log Keeps Erasing...

Advertisement

I am running OS 4.2.2.170 on my 8310 Curve from AT&T and I am using the preinstalled BB Dimension Today theme and occasionally my call log gets erased. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, but just at random points during the day. I don't install anything or turn it off in between erasings, it just dissappears. But, I have 1,212,304 bytes free, no idea if that is a lot, but it seems like it should be enough to keep my call log! Thanks for any help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Bnorwood! Welcome to PinStack!

1mb is really low. Do you save your e-mail messages or texts on the phone? You really need to free up some space.

Here's a link that will describe many ways to free up some space on your device:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=22541

One thing I didn't notice in that thread is clearing out your phone logs.

From the home screen, press and hold the Alt key, then press P. This will show all your calls received, missed and placed. Scroll to the very top of the page, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select Delete Prior.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Thanks for your help! I have a lot of apps on my BB... I just can't bring myself to delete them... And also, the Alt + P shortcut does not work... I still found what you were talking about though, it was just the long way. I'm going to the link now, maybe I can free up some space! (I wish I could run apps from my SD card...)

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Just FYI, I have Viigo Tango, Facebook, My Poynt, Opera Mini, Yahoo Go!, Google Maps, Instango Beta, ESPN shortcut, Nobex Radio Companion, BofA shortcut, Mobylo! MultiAlarm, Pacman, Disco Bowling, Meteor Crusher, Hearts, and Bubble Popper all installed. A lot, I know, but I use just about all of it! I'm doing a battery pull for the 30 sec. Let's see what that does. I freed up about 400k bytes, maybe the pull will help even more. Also, would you recommend the 4.5.0.52 OS? I've been thinking of upgrading, but I'm kind of afraid to. This is my first BB and I have only had it for 2 months, but I love it and would also love video recording. Is it worth it or would you recommend waiting till September when AT&T officially releases the 4.5 OS?

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Ok, all I have to say is wow. You are amazing, that cleared up A LOT of memory. I now have over 4.6mb! 4,677,836 bytes to be exact! Thank you so much for the help!

Yeah, you cleard up 3mb, but you're still pretty low. Glad to be of service.

You might also want to consider deleting your Help and TTY applications, which will free up about 5mb. You don't really need the Help app because, well, that's what this forum is for! And the TTY app is for the hearing impaired.

As for the 4.5 OS, well it's SUPPOSED to be officially released by our local carriers some time this year, and there ARE carriers who have releases of it, but most of what's floating around out there are beta. Using a beta OS on your device could void the warranty if something bricks your device, so you're better off staying away from it.

Having said that, 4.5.0.52 has been pretty stable, at least on my device, but then again, I don't run any 3rd party apps and I haven't used a media card as of yet.

There's also a new release (4.5.0.55) floating around out there which I downloaded last night and will install tonight, hopefully fixing the minor issues with .52.

Anyway, if you decide to go ahead and upgrade your OS, you have tons of support on this board, but if you're happy the way things are, I'd suggest you stay where you're at until AT&T has an official release, especially with all the 3rd party applications you use.

Roger

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    You reall need 8-10 mb file free.just FYI

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I deleted the TTY and Help, but I still only have 4.7mb free... Did you mean that it should free up another 5mb or it should end up being around 5mb?

Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    I deleted the TTY and Help, but I still only have 4.7mb free... Did you mean that it should free up another 5mb or it should end up being around 5mb?
    Hm, that freed up about 5mb for me, so yeah, you should be close to 10mb.

Did you do a battery pull or soft reset after you deleted them?

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    yes, I did both, thinking that just a soft reset would do the job, then it didn't so I did the 30 sec battery pull. When I delete them I just go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications right?

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    What is your file free after the battery pull? If you ar around 9-12 I would leave it alone............

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I still only have 4.7mb after clearing all messages, call logs, using the link at the top to clean the error logs and stuff like that, and I deleted Help and TTY from the Applications List in the Options. After all that, multiple resets, and 3 battery pulls, all I gained was 3.5mb to be at the 4.7 (from 1.2mb)... It seems like it should be A LOT more!
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

You have a ton of 3rd party apps, don't forget, so I'm sure a lot of your space issues have to do with that. Need to make sure they're completely closed down with you're done with them. Look back through the link I gave you on how to determine what apps are running (Alt-Esc).

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Yep, done all that and I make sure everything is closed pretty often now! I had wondered if there was some way to do that (Alt+Esc) but didn't ever think to ask! So how is the new os treating you? I decided to give the .55 a try also, but I'm downloading the AT&T OS now also just in case!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast