I have been having issues with my Curve 8330 (Sprint) keeping the calls I make ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dmd31842 no está en línea Stack level 2

Call Log Issue

Advertisement

I have been having issues with my Curve 8330 (Sprint) keeping the calls I make and receive in a list. In the past, the list simply disapeared every day or so. Now it never stays. Not one call is recorded! My momeory is fine. I have cleared event logs, removed programs, moved pictures to the media card, did a battery pull, etc., etc. The last Sprint rep I spoke to suggested I do a "wipe" and start all over. That will be a pain. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you some how turn off call logging?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Press the green phone button, then the BB menu button>Options>Call Logging.

I tried to post my answer privatly but could not. This current everyday issue started 2 days ago. I have not installed any new applications. If "changing profiles" might help, I am not sure how to do that. Thanks for your quick reply

"All calls" is checked in the call logging menu

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    are your messages disappearing too or just your call log?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

If yolu mean emails, no. That list stays until I delete them

mmohn01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A4615
    You may be reaching your phone's memory limits. This is a fail safe for all Blackberries. If you have a lot of programs installed on your berry, and a lot of calendar items etc. etc. it uses the phone's memory. It cleans out your call log first then messages. If you go into options>security>memory cleaning>menu button>clean now. Do this every couple of days and it should fix the problem. If it consists I would recommend getting a program called memoryup from handango.com. It keeps your berry from reaching full memory by automatically doing a clean when the memory gets down to a certain percentage.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    But the 8330 has way more memory than the pearls, previous curves, etc. I have so many 3rd party apps, games and themes on my 8330 and still have 35mb free memory and have never had these types of issues.

Memory is usually not an issue for the 8330s but what exactly is your free memory at?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Shapiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ade036

Quote Originally Posted by dmd31842 View Post
    I have been having issues with my Curve 8330 (Sprint) keeping the calls I make and receive in a list. In the past, the list simply disapeared every day or so. Now it never stays. Not one call is recorded! My momeory is fine. I have cleared event logs, removed programs, moved pictures to the media card, did a battery pull, etc., etc. The last Sprint rep I spoke to suggested I do a "wipe" and start all over. That will be a pain. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

Ive been having the same problems with my pearl and i was told it was a glitch that was happening with most of the blackberrys it still does it to me but not as ofetn but i constantly have to be cleaning out my message and email box

PIN/ID
    301A4615
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapiro View Post
    Ive been having the same problems with my pearl and i was told it was a glitch that was happening with most of the blackberrys it still does it to me but not as ofetn but i constantly have to be cleaning out my message and email box
    When i had the pearl with US Cellular I had to download a new OS to fix the issue. I cannot remember what version it was, but it worked.

PIN/ID
    301A4615
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    But the 8330 has way more memory than the pearls, previous curves, etc. I have so many 3rd party apps, games and themes on my 8330 and still have 35mb free memory and have never had these types of issues.

Memory is usually not an issue for the 8330s but what exactly is your free memory at?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There could be a memory leakage issue with one of the programs causing the memory to reach its peak.

My memory is 25246464 Bytes which seems to be plenty. I am trying the memeory cleaning idea and doing that, so far, has solved the problem. The jury is still out but will let you all know if the problem recurs. Thanks for the great ideas!