Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it a characteristic of the BB? I've had this problem with my 8700g (T-Mobile) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2

Call Failed Problem...

Advertisement

Is it a characteristic of the BB? I've had this problem with my 8700g (T-Mobile) before...now my wife is having it on her Curve. I've had it happen to me on my Curve twice, but has been perfect since.

Anybody else have/had this issue with their BB (Curve or Previous Versions)? Doing a battery pull solves this. Called ATT, and they said that the phone should be turned on/off at least once a day. I think that's a load of ____. What happens in an Emergency? A possible SIM card issue?

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day to all the Ladies!

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Call Failed Problem...

i don't think there is a definitive answer to this question, but its usually due to the network being full OR the network is just having issues at the time. 9 times out of 10 its due to the tower your on is at capacity when you try to make a call. that is just my experience, YMMV.

o2sys no está en línea Stack level 2

i think is just TMO in general they have been really crappy past 6 months or so

PIN/ID
    ask me

It happens at least a couple times a month on AT&T. Its been doing that for the last year or so. TMO just has limited and crappy coverage in general :-)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't have any problems with call fails. I have a curve on tmo

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Has nothing to with device. Always tower or network related usually. As everyone stated above

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

I have it happen semi frequently when on UMA. I just reset the wireless connection and remake the call and it usually goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

Has nothing to with device. Always tower or network related usually. As everyone stated above
    Cool. Wife really loves her first BB, I'll tell her that it's ATT and not the Curve.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hey all, I do not believe that the failed call issue is carrier/network specific, I do believe that it is a hardware/software issue (RIM). I get the same error at least once a week and the only resolution for me to be able to make an outbound call is to recieve a call or perform a battery pull. From what I can see from the forum this definantly a cross network/platform issue since so many of us are experiencing the same problem, that being true it would put the odds towards of it being a hardware/software issue over it being a network issue.

C.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by caustic View Post
    Hey all, I do not believe that the failed call issue is carrier/network specific, I do believe that it is a hardware/software issue (RIM). I get the same error at least once a week and the only resolution for me to be able to make an outbound call is to recieve a call or perform a battery pull. From what I can see from the forum this definantly a cross network/platform issue since so many of us are experiencing the same problem, that being true it would put the odds towards of it being a hardware/software issue over it being a network issue.

C.
    wrong. i have had a number of devices over the last year and a half w/ AT&T, and ALL of them experienced call failed instances. it is most certainly a network/tower issue the vast majority of the time. now it is possible that the hardware could be to blame from time to time, but i have had a LOT of blackberrys and this is NOT a RIM platform issue.

PIN/ID

It happens when the phone is switching towers,modes (wifi-non-wifi, GSM/GPRS/EDGE) and the device has not yet been fully authorized on the new mode.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

If that is the case kyle, then it would need to be narrowed down to one providers system, the odds of it being a common issue with all carriers systems (gsm & cdma) and not an hardware/software issue with the device manufacturer is fairly astronomical ( I guess I could do the numbers but I don't really see the need for all that work ). There could be an issue with all the carriers systems (any portion of it) with RIM devices, in that case, what would the odds be that none of the top carriers would have addressed it as of yet? And if that is/was the case, once more would fall into the hands of the device developer(s). For they designed some aspect of their product that would conflict with the top carriers in the largest single market globally.
    I understand that you have had multiple RIM devices ( I have only owned two devices myself, 8830, 8130) and have experience with the 8703. This is an issue that my customers, coworkers and myself have experienced with 8830 and 8130. That somewhat narrows down the issue to the most current products.
    Now, all that said, there could be an issue with calls being allocated between towers of different networks (cross network traffic), but as with the VZW network, if you are not in an extended network your calls/data are being relayed with VZW towers and are not using anothers company's tower system. That again would point to a device issue.
    Maybe I'm totally wrong about this, but I'm fairly confident it's a device issue.

C.

"technological progress is like an axe in the hands of pathalogical criminal"

I agree with caustic...although I'd like to believe that it's the network. When there are 2 curves and multiple of other brand cell phones in one office, and only 1 curve experiences this problem with it being on the same network as the others (ATT), it may be a hardware/software issue. It also did not resolve itself 'til a battery pull was done...and that's within a 10 mile travel passing multiple cell Towers. Oh, well...what ever is causing it...hope it's not frequent.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    The only time I ever get call failed(mind you that I'm on t-mo) is:
    1)Every once in a while when I get out of range with UMA and I switch to EDGE
    2)When I'm coming down from the mountain and battling for service
    3)When I'm coming down the mountain and it keeps switching from GSM > GRPS > EDGE and so on and so forth.
    4)When I'm in places with low service in general
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ditto*!* it seems to be getting more and more often for me! I am only travel the state of arkansas as a truck driver.and where I live 72801 it seems to happen the most lately. And I have a peek reception!
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle View Post
    wrong. i have had a number of devices over the last year and a half w/ AT&T, and ALL of them experienced call failed instances. it is most certainly a network/tower issue the vast majority of the time. now it is possible that the hardware could be to blame from time to time, but i have had a LOT of blackberrys and this is NOT a RIM platform issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast