I just got a brand new BB Curve 8310 (red) from a friend for about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lukelong no está en línea Stack level 1

"Call Failed" during phone calls

Advertisement

I just got a brand new BB Curve 8310 (red) from a friend for about a week and noticed a Call Failed problem. I would be talking on the phone for about a few minutes, then all of a sudden I would be dropped (like AT&T commercials talking to myself) and a couple seconds later it would alert me that with "Call Failed". I tried calling my voicemail a couple times to test out this problem and within around 2 and a half minutes, my calls with voicemail is failed. I don't know if this is a problem with my phone or service. I also don't have any data plan or BB plans and I'm with AT&T. I have done the battery pull thing and turning off data service and it still happens. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a solution to this? It happens DURING phone calls only and it's getting kind of annoying. Thanks!

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: "Call Failed" during phone calls

hmmm, its like this all the time or in just one area of town youre in?
    i have a curve but with a different carrier...
    under options go to mobile network and make sure your data services are on, connection preferred is mobile network preferred and network selection mode is automatic.

maybe something is up with att coverage in that area youre in... i cant think or why youre calls would keep getting droped... if that doesnt work maybe try wiping and then just starting with a clean device and letting all the apps and service books get sent to your device again.
    Last edited by i(heart)mybb1; 02-24-2008 at 04:34 PM.

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bummer! If all that fails, try callimg C/S for further assistance.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by i(heart)mybb1 View Post
    hmmm, its like this all the time or in just one area of town youre in?
    i have a curve but with a different carrier...
    under options go to mobile network and make sure your data services are on, connection preferred is mobile network preferred and network selection mode is automatic.

maybe something is up with att coverage in that area youre in... i cant think or why youre calls would keep getting droped... if that doesnt work maybe try wiping and then just starting with a clean device and letting all the apps and service books get sent to your device again.
    He has no data plan so how is he gonna get service books?

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

wow im just trying to help...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by i(heart)mybb1 View Post
    wow im just trying to help...

Wasn't being mean. I was just saying that service books may not work without a data plan unless you can add them using Desktop Manager.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Could be a bad SIM card. I had that happen to me back in the day with an older phone. Also, is it only happening in the same place(ie: in your home) or is it happening in random places?

In about a week, I experienced this 7 times. 5x at home, 1 walking, and 1 driving. Most of them in the same neighborhood.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lukelong View Post
    In about a week, I experienced this 7 times. 5x at home, 1 walking, and 1 driving. Most of them in the same neighborhood.
    First thing I would try is getting a new SIM. Always try to fix the easiest thing first then move up from there.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Most of the time it's usually network related. I would check with AT&T see if the towers in that neighborhood are on the fritz for being worked on. Sometimes the tower are full of traffic etc. Almost never is it a device problem.

hope that helps.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I agree. I live close to a tower and this happens to me frequently. Has to be the amount of traffic.

what would be the cause of a bad sim card? because i didnt have this call failed problem before using a sony ericsson w600. could i have physically done something to the sim card to make it go bad?

i have switched to a new sim card and the call failed problem seems to be still there, but maybe not as often. one thing i noticed before the new sim card was that it said "roaming" under "coverage", now with the new sim it says "available". my old sony ericsson w600 doesnt do it either. i really want this to be a network problem and not a device problem, but it seems to keep doing it. any ideas?

Brownstranger69 no está en línea Stack level 2

its not a network problem i have the same poblem and its only when a call is failed when this happens you cant make a call for about 2-3 mins i just deal with it cause its usually my wife that the call failed on but it does get annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstranger69 View Post
    its not a network problem i have the same poblem and its only when a call is failed when this happens you cant make a call for about 2-3 mins i just deal with it cause its usually my wife that the call failed on but it does get annoying
    after the Call Failed I would be able to make a call right after and it happens with different callers for me. any help guys?

will AT&T send me a brand new replacement under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty? how does the warranty replacement process work?