I have had my Curve for about a week and a half. Vodafone network in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Petzl no está en línea Stack level 2

Call Failed

Advertisement

I have had my Curve for about a week and a half. Vodafone network in Australia. I first noticed an issue when my wife said she rang 3 times but there was no ring or even a call log record. I tried ringing my phone and it went straight to voicemail. I then tried dialling out but it takes a while and then just says 'Call failed'. I have pulled the battery and SIM card. I have tested the sim in another phone and it works straight away. When I make a call it says I have full coverage but once the 'Call failed' message comes up it says 'Searching for network' and there is a little red x that appears where the coverage bars appear.

Strange thing is that it works intermittently. I will be driving along and cannot dial for 20 minutes and then I will be able to get through. Hang up and try again and it doesn't work! I can still get emails in intermittently as well.

They have offered to replace the Curve but is this going to happen again? The helpdesk is no help when the issue is out of the ordinary. Is it a network or phone issue? Do I just replace it and try again?

Help!!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Call Failed

This sounds like a Network issue, you might want to call your Carrier or take the phone down and see if they can resolve this for you. If not, then definitely try replacing your Curve within your warranty period for another one.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thanks for the reply Lavagirl. I was thinking Network issues as well. One other thing I noticed though....the red and blue data arrows in the top right hand corner are flashing when I dial. Is that normal?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

That doesn't sound normal, but again it really needs to be a process of elimination. Start with your Carrier, then if it doesn't resolve by them checking your Sim card, and Networks settings, then it may be device related, however I am leaning towards the former. Good luck!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Smile Re: Call Failed

Yeah...it was weird. I went to the shop and they fortunately had a replacement. Up and working straight away. Trouble is that noone at Vodafone knows enough about Blackberry's to help!

All is well though and I really appreciate your help Lavagirl! :-)