Occasionally I am not able to set a reminder for an event. Situation: A reminder ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zoeyak03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Calendar reminder cannot be set

Advertisement

Occasionally I am not able to set a reminder for an event.

Situation: A reminder pops up for an event such as Meet with Bob, at 4 pm, March 19, 2008. I open the event to reset the reminder to occur later. It is currently 10am on that day. I set the reminder to occur 4 hours before the event, which is 12pm. I attempt to save the event, and I get an error message " The reminder cannot be set because its time has passed. Is this ok?" If I say no, it returns me to the event where I attempt to select another, later, reminder time. If I say yes, it does not set the reminder and returns to whatever window I was at previously.

In this case, the reminder time is clearly not passed, since it is only 10am, and the reminder is set for 12pm. The events are all in PST, as is the blackberrry (based on the setting in the date/time section of options).

This happens with several events, but not all events. This has been going on for several months and has survived multiple battery pulls and an OS upgrade to the most current version offered by TMobile (4.2.2.180) I sync with outlook to 2 computers, one with 2002 and one with 2003. I believe I had this problem before I started syncing with the second computer, but am not absolutely positive.

After searching for 4 hours on this forum and online, I have not found a thread related to this. I apologize if this should be posted in the general bb forum, but I have not found anyone else with this issue, and I do not know anyone else with a 8320 to check with.

I appreciate any input and help anyone can give regarding this issue.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, check your calendar for conflicts.

Second, stop running two (VERY) different versions of Outlook. As a support professional, if there were no conflicts in the calendar or getting rid of them did not resolve the problem, I wouldn't take it any further until all machines were running the same version of Outlook.

I've been supporting Outlook for over eight years, and EVERY VERSION CHANGE is a NIGHTMARE! No different with 2007 either (and Vista doesn't help)!
    JerryD

zoeyak03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for your help!

I checked my calendar and contacts for conflicts and there were none. So I shall follow your second suggestion, and stop syncing with my work computer (Outlook 2002). It is somewhat difficult not being able to sync my work contacts and tasks, but there should be a way around that somewhere...Because this issue is a random event and only happens with some events it may be awhile before I can be sure this has fixed it. But hopefully this will do the trick! Thank you very much for your help. Also, your app list is quite thorough, thank you for putting it together.