My husband bought a new Curve about two weeks ago. He said every since he ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Richelle no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar open to wrong date....?

Advertisement

My husband bought a new Curve about two weeks ago. He said every since he got it, when he chooses "Today" from the side menu, it goes to September 21st, 2007. He does have an appointment on that day. The timezone and date/time settings are correct. It is set to get the time and date from the network. I would rather not reload the OS, since it's brand new and has been happening since day 1. It is on a BES. Everything else is ok. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Richelle; 04-22-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Calendar open to wrong date....?

My husband bought a new Curve about two weeks ago. He said every since he got it, when he chooses "Today" from the side menu, it goes to September 21st, 2007. He does have an appointment on that day. The timezone and date/time settings are correct. It is set to get the time and date from the network. I would rather not reload the OS, since it's brand new and has been happening since day one. It is on a BES. Everything else is ok. Any ideas?

Don't be afraid to be technical, I support these at work every single day, and pinstack has been a huge help. This is the first time I have seen this problem though. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Richelle; 04-22-2008 at 01:21 PM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Yes. The server is set to get the time from the domain controller. So are all the PC's on the network. All of them have the correct date and time.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

No, but I was hopeing to avoid that, because the problem was happening the first time he activated it on the BES. I am not sureactivateing it a second time would solve the problem. Any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Ok then from the BES resend service book and IT Policy. If you dont want to reactivate the phone again. Also did it finish activating without errors?

Yes, there were no errors, I will delete the service books, do a register now to get the carrier service books and then resend the BES service books. I will let you know what happens.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I just recently thought about one other thing I wanted him to try. I had him change his calendar to show free time, and that seemed to fix the issue, but he dosen't like the way it looks. I will work with him tonight and see if he is willing to go through the service books plan. I will let you know tomorrow. Thank you very much!

So...I get home and tell him what I would like to do to his BB and he decided he would put up with showing free time in his agenda view. Oh well...It's not like I don't have another hard BB issue, if your up for it. I don't have all the details yet because the client is hard to get ahold of.

I had to rebuild his device because it was deleteing any email older then 2 weeks old even though it was not set to do that. It was consistant, and he had enough available memory. So after I did the javaloader wipe, reload the OS, and reactivate it on the BES it seems to work fine. He stops me in the hallway later and says that it loses all personal settings after a restart. Hidden icons would reappear again, the text reverts to default size and font, etc. He has a new Verizon Pearl. I am trying to find out why he has to reboot it in the first place, and if it truley is EVERYTIME he reboots it loses it's settings. According to our BB monitoring software, he has enough available memory and it does not appear to be throwing any errors to the server where some of his personalized settings should be. Any ideas off the top of your head while i am waiting to hear back from him?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    which berry is it from verizon? I read up on some people have the same issues and had to replace them.

The Pearl. It cannot be more then a month old. Have you heard much about loseing settings?