Not sure of the right place to post this: Hi, I use a BlackBerry and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Homeuser66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Calendar items being deleted!

Advertisement

Not sure of the right place to post this:
    Hi, I use a BlackBerry and periodically sync my BB to my desktop. My problem is, after a certain date, say like maybe a month or so-(that's Maybe). I would lose all my calendar items that I have in the past. I just recently found them in my "Deleted Items" folder in the mail tab. I did have auto archive on, and just turned it off..I'm hoping that this is the issue..
    Anyone else have this problem or have the fix?
    Thanks in advance!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Homeuser,

Are you talking about calendar items being deleted in Outlook or on your device?

If you're talking about the device, try this:

Open the calendar, press the BB menu button and scroll to Options. Within Options, open General Options. Scroll down to where it ways Keep Appointments under Actions. You can change that option to keep messages forever, if you so choose.

Hope this helps.

Roger

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E
    Thanks! But this is happening on my Desktop, but then happens on phone after I sync..I think this has something to to with outlok, but not sure...I was on with RIM Tech Support and they said I have everything set correctly on phone...and don't know why this is happening...its actually happening on all my bb devices...one is using Office 2003 and the other is 2007

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    In that case, you'd have to look at the auto-archive settings to determine if that is what was causing your issue. You said you've turned that off, so that will probably resolve your issue.

It's only natural that once deleted from Outlook, they won't sync to your phone either, especially if you have Desktop Manager set to not load calendar items in the past.

Are you on a BES system through work?

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E
    No BES...I turned off those settings...so let's see what happens..I guess....

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    It could be in the sync options on the Desktop Manager. Open the Desktop Manager, click sync, then click the sync options. Under the calendar settings you can tell it to sync all data, or just the last "XX" days of data. Check the "All Data" and see if that helps.

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E
    yeah.that's all set...