Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK....I have a calendar issue. When I use the calendar I use it in "agenda" ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

calendar issues

Advertisement

OK....I have a calendar issue. When I use the calendar I use it in "agenda" form...and for some reason, the calendar skips from Sunday (tomorrow) to June 1st....and won't go any further. The phone locks up when I try to scroll down and force it to show up. What is going on? Tried battery pulls, but that doesn't work. Do I need to reload the OS? I have the Rogers OS on the cingular phone.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: calendar issues

Try upgrading to this OS... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_t_4_2_a.html

Look for this:

Software For BlackBerry Pearl (AT&T Red & Maine Slate 8100c) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.154 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.1.154
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.1.96
    • Software Platform: 2.3.0.78
    • File name: 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel154_PL2.3.0.78_A4.2.1.96_ATT.exe
    • File size: 72.91MB
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-17-2007 at 03:23 AM.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sweet! Thank You! i will do it in the morning....i am a lazy bum and laying down in bed trying to sleep. The curve keeps me up taunting me ! Lol!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Errr, that OS is for the Pearl, not the Curve/8300...

sashadelgado, there's a couple of things.

First, there's a known issue with the 8300 and Calendar. Yes, I know it has to do with reminders, but if you have more than one email address being sent to your BlackBerry, it couldn't hurt to try this first. From the main screen go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books. Scroll through them looking for emailaddress[CICAL]. If you have more than one [CICAL], delete all but one, go back to the main screen and pull the battery and then put it back in.

Second, if you're syncing with Outlook, check for conflicts in the Outlook Calendar. You'll need to change to a List view. Switch the view to Events, then modify it, go to the Advanced tab in Filter and remove any filters. Then scroll through the events watching for a Yellow Icon in the Icon column. If you find one, double click it. It will come up displaying two or more events and ask you to select one to keep.

Third, you may just have some corruption in your Calendar. The easy way to clear it is to do a full backup using Desktop Manager. Once the backup is done, go into the Backup application again and hit the [Advanced] button. Scroll through the list of items on the device (in the RIGHT column), select Calendar, then hit the [Clear] button. This will erase all the data in just your Calendar. Now resync and see if the problem has been resolved.

If none of that works, you may need to wipe the device and start from scratch.
    JerryD

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Thanks Jdella This Helped Me Too Good Lookin Out

PIN/ID

Wow good catch on that os mistake i will give it a go in the am....too lazy to get out of bed

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

Wow good catch on that os mistake i will give it a go in the am....too lazy to get out of bed
    ...but, not too lazy to read and reply to the Stacks from bed...
    Now that's what I call addicted to your Curve... Love it - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

My problem with the agenda view is that it always shows the oldest entry first (may something). When I click "todays date" you see it flip through to today and then back to the oldest again. Now, Ive discovered why this is. If you dont have anything scheduled for THAT day, it has no clue what to go to so it goes to the first entry. Dont know why this is but thats what Ive been finding.

PIN/ID

LOL jscott.....so true! LOL!

PIN/ID

OK....if I delete all the CICAL thing....will I not get my emails? Because in front of the [CICAL] thing, it has my email addresses.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    OK....if I delete all the CICAL thing....will I not get my emails? Because in front of the [CICAL] thing, it has my email addresses.
    You will still get the emails from that address even if you delete the one with CICAL (you should also see there is another with CMIME). The CICAL is just to associate calendar events that are emailed to that email address with the Cal program.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID

gotcha! Thanks

sarahlikessoup no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried what you said about the CICAL, jdellasala, and I get my reminders now, but it doesn't make a ring or vibrate when the reminder pops up. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a reminder? Is this normal or can I get it to do something so I know the reminder has popped up while its in my pocket?

Thanks!!!

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlikessoup
    I tried what you said about the CICAL, jdellasala, and I get my reminders now, but it doesn't make a ring or vibrate when the reminder pops up. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a reminder? Is this normal or can I get it to do something so I know the reminder has popped up while its in my pocket?

Thanks!!!
    You may want to check out your profile settings and make sure that whichever profile your phone is set to, make sure that Calendar - Out of Holster or In Hoster is set to anything other than None. Then you'll get some audio or vibrate notification.

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Followed jdellasala's advice - removed all but one of the CICAL's I saw. Now receiving calendar reminders. Thanks for sharing this info!

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast