Hi Gang, I've just upgraded to a 8300 Curve on O2 (UK) and am experiencing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cs005483 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DD501B

Question Calendar appointment not appearing on home page

Advertisement

Hi Gang,

I've just upgraded to a 8300 Curve on O2 (UK) and am experiencing a problem when adding appointments to the calender as follows:-

I am running the BB Dimension Today theme which displays the next two calendar appointments on the home screen.

If I add an appointment which has a date that is between the appointments being shown on the home screen then I would expect it to replace the older appointment being displayed on the home screen - however this is not happening. The appointment has been added to the calendar correctly and alrams etc. work as expected - my problem is simply that it does not appear on the home screen.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem and / or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Clive

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Calendar appointment not appearing on home page

I have had this happen to me and the only way I could get them to show again is to delete the two upcoming events and then remake them and then they have always have shown again for me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

When it happened to me I tried switching themes and doing battery pulls. Switching the times on the calender event times and none of that worked for me except deleting them and remaking the appointment.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

This has happened to be before as well, I just shut the phone off (by holding down the end key) and then turn it back on and it is fixed. It will glitch maybe once a week, but no worries.

cs005483 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DD501B

Smile Re: Calendar appointment not appearing on home page

Very very strange - I did nothing other than let the phone go into standby and sometime during the day it has corrected itself.

I will flash the phone to the latest OS to see if this fixes it permenantly.

Apart from this one minor glitch the phone is great! Having upgraded from the 8100 Perl I can highly recommend the full qwerty keyboard - very much better than using the suretype on the 8100.

Thanks to all who replied.

Clive

FreemanOnBB no está en línea Stack level 1

On my BB locking and unlocking helps

Hi all,

today I've searched for a solution to the home-screen calendar refresh problem because I've recognized it on my new BB 8310.

After reading this post I've tried some tricks (battery pull, theme change), and found a fast fix. Just lock the phone via the menu item or shortcut. After unlocking the calendar is refreshed with the new items.

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    Is it possible to change the icons on the "today theme" I would like to have SMS, blackberry and yahoo meseenger, on the home screen. Any one help?