Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I have tried the iphone they really should of spelled it eyephone since it is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

Advertisement

I have tried the iphone they really should of spelled it eyephone since it is more eyecandy then a real business tool. They will never match the e-mail system that RIM has developed. A better comparison should be a '75 AMC Pacer for the eye/iphone and a Aston Martin as the BB.
    Unlike Apple, RIM doesn't have to put them down to build themselves up, they can stand by their own merits.

As I told my friends "once you go Blackberry, you never go back."
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, if you go to Device A forum saying you don't like it and will switch to Device B it's no wonder you don't get friendly responses. Try that doing the reverse and you will see the same or worse reception. In any case, most responses weren't hostile.

In the end it's a matter of preference and needs. I do want a business oriented OS that is open for developers. Not something with some features closed to the builder alone. No multitasking or no copy/paste are basic things for my needs and I don't care about browsing or games so much. I use card games, any phone will do them well. I browse once in a while because of being bored but the heavy browser usage is done over my desktop with a big screen and a heavily tailored Firefox. I won't get that on any phone device.

I got too used to many nice features from my BB that I doubt I will ever switch. Even the bold has things I don't want/like. And I agree 100% with the screen maintenance issue. That's why I would never use a phone without a full keyboard. I already clean a lot my screen... I wouldn't stand a full screen with all my fingers on it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    We could debate this forever, some good points came from this and I have to remember that everyone is not a corporate user. Each device can have the features to accomodate each user. Sure, the BB os is outdated and lacks eye candy, but still supports features that the iPhone doesn't. Just the same, the iPhone has built in apps that you need 3rd party apps to do the same thing. Granted I can add most of that functionality for free, maps, stocks, weather, they don't come that way out of the box.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I just wanted to point something out real quick...

The BOLD and iPhone comparison shows how much better the BOLD is than the iPhone right?

Now...imagine the THUNDER!!! Lol.

Last edited by lucky13mt; 07-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your loss, not ours

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I would never buy a phone that I had to take in to service for something so basic as a battery replacement. That alone would be a deal breaker. I can only hallucinate a scenario on an iphone where a battery pull is required...in that case, u are *#@$+#!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    he saw the light, we don't have to pay for Email..but hey ur happy, enjoy
    I hope he/she doesn't have more than one email account. The iPhone won't allow you to use multiple email accounts in one folder like the Berry does. You can't even back out to the home screen and click on another email icon.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    [quote=madetosink;817497 I don't overpay for service...att is charging way too much for something that they shouldn't be (and the funny thing is that people are and will pay it). [/quote]

Funny thing is that I pay $30 for my data....that's $0.01 more than my BB plan! LOL! WOW...overypaying??? *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post
    They will never match the e-mail system that RIM has developed. Unlike Apple, RIM doesn't have to put them down to build themselves up, they can stand by their own merits.
    That's why all the BB owners here trash iphone converters, when at the iphone forums, no one trashes bb???LOL...and Yeah, my email on the iphone is just as fast at it was on the BB...

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    I hope he/she doesn't have more than one email account. The iPhone won't allow you to use multiple email accounts in one folder like the Berry does. You can't even back out to the home screen and click on another email icon.
    I have 5 on one folder right now....so I'm lost as to where you got your information
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Nah...still not converting anyone. I'm okay with my curve especially now that i have wlm unlike the iphone which needs beejive. all my buddies are on msn so ummm....no thanks. You chill with your iphone and as i mentioned before you come back when my THUNDAH! is released so i can do my lil dance in front of you

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    the email system is secure and encrypted so it is hard to hack, which I believe the iphone is not.

That's why all the BB owners here trash iphone converters, when at the iphone forums, no one trashes bb???LOL...and Yeah, my email on the iphone is just as fast at it was on the BB...
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    this post isnt intense at all!!!!

still with blackberryyyy!!!!
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post

I have 5 on one folder right now....so I'm lost as to where you got your information
    Craig Johnson, Bill Foust, and Dante Saragumba (BlackBerry book authors and hosts of the Mobile computing authority).

http://www.mac.libsyn.com. Look for the latest podcast. Don't know about the other two, but Craig uses an iPhone. His signature on the emails I've received from him says "sent from my iPhone" (or something very similar).

Just for clarity, I don't have an iPhone myself, just heard what the Pro's said about it. Doesn't necessarily mean they're correct.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    GOOD luck, i have two iphones also and some BB,but i will tell u that att 3g stinks compared to EVDO other than that iphone is cool,just use wifi on iphone
    Mike

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    [QUOTE=ItsNowOrNever;818027]Funny thing is that I pay $30 for my data....that's $0.01 more than my BB plan! LOL! WOW...overypaying??? *giggle*

I pay $19.99 with tmo...so to me...you are overpaying...I'm referring to tmo's cost vs att...If I had an iphone...there's no way I'd be on att

mnemerah no está en línea Stack level 2

Ah goodness. I had to laugh while reading this. I am a new bb user, about a month in on my new 8330 and LOVING it. I am surprised that noone has yet pointed out the iphones biggest con - the fact that its made by apple. I don't know about anyone else, but I have been a pc user since I was 9 yrs old (I know, I'm a young'n) and I would die before I joined the apple cult. I will never own an iphone, an ipod, or an apple computer.
    The apple commercial where they brag about the lack of viruses that effect apple cracks me up. Your platform can't even get negative attention and you want to turn that into a selling point? Please!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast