Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one thinh I've noticed browsing a couple iphone forums/sites is that it seems ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ftx437 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2454c8a2

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one thinh I've noticed browsing a couple iphone forums/sites is that it seems to me that they all have a holyier then thow attatude..here everyones friendly and helpfull and don't harass u if you don't know something

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatsut View Post
    yeah n good luck in subways and alleys....smh. we still RIM FOR LIFE even if da bold comes out in 2050.

WORD

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Amahk View Post
    Dude! Seriously??? You compared a Ferrari to a Corvette?? I'm speechless. If anything this comparison would make me want to buy an iPhone if it's the Ferrari of the mobile world. I'd understand if you compared it to a Hybrid or some really fuel efficient car buit you compared it to another car whose whole concept is about speed just like the Ferrari.

Back to the iPhone vs BB stuff. They're 2 really great smartphones and based on your needs you think one was better than the other. If you're big into productivity and efficiency then get the BB. If you're big into multimedia and entertainment, get the iPhone. They can do both, one is just better at the other at some things and vice versa.
    I say again, the I-Phone can't even cut and paste, that is not entertainment vs business, that is BASIC!

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by knight2472000 View Post
    I say again, the I-Phone can't even cut and paste, that is not entertainment vs business, that is BASIC!
    Hehe you're just proving my point. Not being able to cut and paste isn't very productive or efficient

You're right though. That's perhaps the single biggest thing that's preventing me from switching, not the lack of a physical keyboard. If you think about it you could make a good guess why. What 'gesture' could you possibly use to select text and then copy it. It sounds simple but the first gesture that you think of is already used for something else. What they need to do is add another button to provide menu options.

That's why I can't wait for the Thunder. A touchscreen phone made my RIM and they won't be stupid enough to have 1 main button.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Well, first of all good luck with your Iphone3G. The only way you'd have fun with it is if you jailbreak it. And i dunno so much about their warranties and what not but i think you gotta pay for everything through apple which i find totally bogus man. but anyways good luck and no, you're not converting anyone lol. I'm waiting for my THUNDAH!!!! you come by when it's released so i can make your iphone look like a brick
    I haven't jail broken it yet...and there are TONS of games and awesome apps that I am using....you sure you know what you are talking about? Brick??? LOL...you show me the REAL internet....You show me REAL Youtube....Show me REAL games...then we can talk!

Quote Originally Posted by mcawthon2004 View Post
    Hahahahaha I couldn't stop laughing after I read ratons post and the end of it!! I think I will still stick with my crackberry I'm to old for little kiddy/girly toys! ~via my BB8310 »April« ~
    I am a WOMAN not a girl...nor am I a child. THank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage_Man View Post
    iphone is to mobile phones what Ferraris are to cars. They look good and can perform, but are over-priced and not the best bang for the buck. The Corvette is a good example of the BB....tradition, performance, affordable, class, envied by many,respected(even by those who are not into cars), etc.The BB, like the Corvette, has remained resilient why many others have come and gone.The BB is a staple among biz clients and many others alike.
    LOL--you'd take a corvette over a ferrari??? LOL....lets just make a new body and leave the engine the same and not make anychanges....sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by knight2472000 View Post
    It seems very clear to me that no one bothered to read the side by side comparison of the I-Phone to the BB Bold, if you did you would see the I-Phone is inferior in a number of areas. I-Phone is a toy, anyone who gets ones either wants to play around or is misinformed.
    How many side by sides did you read? Everyone I read talked about how the ONLY "con" (and several even said "if you can really call it that") was the lack of a keyboard....hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ftx437 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one thinh I've noticed browsing a couple iphone forums/sites is that it seems to me that they all have a holyier then thow attatude..here everyones friendly and helpfull and don't harass u if you don't know something
    And you know? Those holier than thou people are also making their way here. This isn't the super friendly site it used to be....take this whole thread for instance.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Pot, meet the kettle.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Aaaaaa:...catfight

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    Don't drop it dude. Screen is made out of glass and will cost you around $250 to replace JUST the glass screen. Don't use the extra features too much. You'll drain your battery and have nothing left for the phone. Oh yeah....and if you're out on the road away from a charging area, you're hooped for keeping a fresh extra battery on hand as you won't be able to put an extra one in when yours dies after 5 hours of talk time. And when you use it for other stuff other than the phone, you're draining your phone even more.

Good luck...and I'm sure we'll see you back here in BB land.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

Wow I didn't know they were activating yet lol

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

And also... Real internet? Opera mini, real youtube? 4.5, and real games? Hahahahaha, OOOKKKK, have fun with that iphone, cause I'm def not getting one

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I haven't jail broken it yet...and there are TONS of games and awesome apps that I am using....you sure you know what you are talking about? Brick??? LOL...you show me the REAL internet....You show me REAL Youtube....Show me REAL games...then we can talk!

I think they meant, they have games for both BB and the iPhone, just not every BB game costs $8. In a matter of time most platforms will have "real internet" as you will, I can watch youtube on my BB, but is it really all that great? You can watch movie clips, is that what you spend your day doing? Is that how you defend the purchase of this 'toy' IMO? Games? I thought that's what the old iPhone was for...this one's supposed to be about business. I need a smartphone, not a gamegear. I think there could be some really great apps and games created for BB as soon as RIM really opens up their API so developers can really get great custom apps written that can really tap into the power of the BB and OS.

I am a WOMAN not a girl...nor am I a child. THank you
    No comment here.

LOL--you'd take a corvette over a ferrari??? LOL....lets just make a new body and leave the engine the same and not make anychanges....sure.....
    Is that statement based on numbers or price tag? Pound for pound, a Corvette Z06 is a better value than a Ferreri F430. It's got better braking performance, higher top speed, and I believe more lateral grip, for a fraction of the cost. Well, maybe I do have a comment for you're second item.

How many side by sides did you read? Everyone I read talked about how the ONLY "con" (and several even said "if you can really call it that") was the lack of a keyboard....hmmmm
    There's the keyboard, no mms, glass screen, quiet speakerphone, no multi-tasking, non serviceable battery, can barely make it a day with 1 charge using it how it's supposed to be used, non standard bluetooth...there are more than you think

And you know? Those holier than thou people are also making their way here. This isn't the super friendly site it used to be....take this whole thread for instance.
    Uh, this thread was started by a person saying they were leaving BB for an iPhone, isn't that the kind of people you're talking about? "They saw the light?"
    Last edited by DCookSta; 07-21-2008 at 01:12 AM.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lol!

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There there a lot of people who are still confused why the I-Phone is a silly childs toy I will give you the link to hayden's post, so you can see side by side the the I-Phone is inferior:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2.0+Comparison

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I think they meant, they have games for both BB and the iPhone, just not every BB game costs $8. In a matter of time most platforms will have "real internet" as you will, I can watch youtube on my BB, but is it really all that great? You can watch movie clips, is that what you spend your day doing? Is that how you defend the purchase of this 'toy' IMO? Games? I thought that's what the old iPhone was for...this one's supposed to be about business. I need a smartphone, not a gamegear. I think there could be some really great apps and games created for BB as soon as RIM really opens up their API so developers can really get great custom apps written that can really tap into the power of the BB and OS.
    Not every BB game costs $8 because it wouldn't be worth $8. Simple answer. Star Wars Force Unleashed on an iPhone...how much would you expect them to sell that for?? And what's the need for going to the extreme? Is that how people debate these days? Of course they're not going to spend all day watching movie clips on their iPhone but when they do want to, it's there. No one's doubting that great apps can't be written for the BB, it's just that the BB OS is outdated. And we're not dealing with a 'matter of time'. This is the now. The iPhone has real 'internet' and the BB doesn't. Even the Bold which is still unavailable doesn't have real 'internet'.

Is that statement based on numbers or price tag? Pound for pound, a Corvette Z06 is a better value than a Ferreri F430. It's got better braking performance, higher top speed, and I believe more lateral grip, for a fraction of the cost. Well, maybe I do have a comment for you're second item.
    And this is why so many Corvettes are competing in F1 racing...

There's the keyboard, no mms, glass screen, quiet speakerphone, no multi-tasking, non serviceable battery, can barely make it a day with 1 charge using it how it's supposed to be used, non standard bluetooth...there are more than you think
    Don't forget no flash on the camera. I personally won't say the keyboard is a drawback since it was a design choice on their part. They wanted more screen real estate for a better multimedia device and the keyboard was the tradeoff. I could just as easily say a smaller screen is a drawback on a BB. The 1 charge on the battery is also arguable from a comparison POV since we're comparing 3G to GSM. The non serviceable battery and copy/pasting seem to me to be the major drawbacks of the iPhone. The others are annoyances which many other smartphones tend to have.

Uh, this thread was started by a person saying they were leaving BB for an iPhone, isn't that the kind of people you're talking about? "They saw the light?"
    I don't see much arrogance in that. It's his opinion. He thinks the iPhone is the better device and thus he's seen the light and switched to it. He's not saying downcrying the BB. It's everyone else in here that's laughing at him that's kinda rude. I wish all of these forums that supported iPhone/Palm/RIM/Microsoft/Linux etc etc could just be more objective. Less blind worship and more critical thinking. meh

Edit: Also one of my main gripes with RIM is I feel as if they've delayed the Bold to pander to ATT. That bothers me. If you believe your device can go toe to toe with the iPhone then put it out there. If the Bold was out I'd have no problem picking that up instead of an iPhone but who knows when that's coming. The reason I believe this is based on the rumor that Rogers is releasing it in July while ATT just has it delayed. I'm just baffled by this.
    Last edited by Amahk; 07-21-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Clarity

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this thread has waaaaaay too many quotes here. Ok...here is my two cents...I love my blackberry curve...its not too big...not too small. The iphone just seems too oblong to me...like an oversized mp3 player. I love the fact that I can pull out my memory card and upgrade as needed...as far as I know...not possible on the iphone. I wish my bb were on 3g...that kind of speed would be dandy. But I really don't download much in terms of music...watch youtube...etc on my curve. Pretty much just stacking and digging (www.digg.com). That's a wash. I bite my fingernails...so the iphones imaginary keys don't work well with my nubs. I don't overpay for service...att is charging way too much for something that they shouldn't be (and the funny thing is that people are and will pay it). I DESPISE iTunes... I would rather take a bullet to the head than have it on my computer...let alone purchase music through it and load all of my media onto my phone. I gots ta have a flash...all the coolest sh*t happens at night I can't stand having smudges on my curves screen...I would be spending about 45.9635% of my phone usage time cleaning my iphone's screen.

By all means...do whatever floats your boat...just don't be upset with the criticism. I'm sure you weren't expecting a pat on the back...but saying you're going to an iphone here at the stacks is kind of like saying "Praise Jesus" at a Jewish temple (maybe not exactly...but you catch my drift).

Good luck..if we see you...we see you!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast