I'm hoping to switch to the Windows Mobile HTC TouchPro2 on T-Mobile on August 12th. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pbbjr no está en línea Stack level 2

Buying TP2 but Keeping Blackberry Curve 8320 for UMA use in a pinch

Advertisement

I'm hoping to switch to the Windows Mobile HTC TouchPro2 on T-Mobile on August 12th. I have Tmobile's unlimited loyalty $49.99 plan (been with Tmobile since 1997) and will miss UMA calling for those times when there is no signal but WiFi is available. I thought I would just move my 8320 SIM into the TouchPro2 when I buy it. Will I be able to move my Blackberry Curve 8320 SIM back and forth between the TP2 and the 8320 when I want to use UMA calling? If so, is there something I need to make sure is provisioned to my plan?

Thanks.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The SIM switch should be fine, and as long as your BB is strictly using Wi-Fi, it shouldn't be a problem. Just note that you probably won't have any data capabilities on the BB without a Wi-Fi connection.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Unless you remove your BB data from your account, you should have no problem with internet switching between the two as well. Thankfully windows mobile devices will work with BB internet with no issues that I have heard of. All your incoming emails will be on hold for a while (not sure how long) and start coming into your BB as soon as you are registered back on the network with it.

Zo

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nice to know Amigo. I wasn't sure with the difference in devices whether the data capabilities would work or not.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    They should. I do know that T-Mobile has been doing some backend changes on their data systems. I used to be able to take a reset G1 and log-in using my BB sim with no issues. Starting this month, that no longer works. It states I do not have a data connection and won't log in.

Zo