My wife has a curve 8310, and just recently recieved a new one from At&t ... BlackBerry Curve forum

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2

Buttons malfunctioning

Advertisement

My wife has a curve 8310, and just recently recieved a new one from At&t because her old one was draining battery life. Today several of the buttons stopped doing what they normally do and started doing other things. The menu button sends anyhting that is being typed. The back button types "hl" and the track ball will move but does not react to being pushed to select something. She did not get it wet and has pulled the battery several times. Any ideas?

tattoo432 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askme
    My wife has an AT&T 8310 as well that has shown similar issues lately. The left convenience key is set to the address book but quite often will open the call log.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Guys, these sound like defective devices - can't call it anything else. Try a different theme 1st to make sure it's doing the same thing. If so, it's hardware and it need to be replaced!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    askme
    For anyone who knows more about the insurance policyfor AT&T, if it is deemed a hardware issue, will I still have to pay the $150 deductible for a replacement?

Tattoo, If it's within a warranty period, usually a year I think, you should be able to get a replacement without being out any money. After the warranty period, it depends on the carrier - a call to them should get you the info.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    askme
    Thanks jblackfish...

Welcome! Let us know how you make out if you have to replace.

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem with my 8310 last week. Honestly, I think it was exactly the same problems you were having. There were not any new applications installed recently, and before that the phone was working fine. Without a proper working blackberry, my life feels damaged. I couldn't take it and decided it was time for my upgrade. I got the bold and have been smiling ever since.

I wonder if it could have been a virus that finally made it to the phone.

I don't think there are any BB viruses yet - I've not heard of any. Glad you got your upgrade though - usually the 83xx's are very reliable devices IMO. I had the 8320 before getting my 8330.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    My old 8310 did that to me a few times, in one month.. but i would do a battery pull and it would go away... Then it would go for a month without doing it and suddenly out of the blue did it again. Batery pull fixed it everytime.

so maybe its when a certain things happens like a notification or something within the soft ware, and it just so happens that hers does on boot up
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    askme
    Well I changed to 2 other themes and the buttons work correctly. They work fine now back in the original theme it was on as well...all of them being the default and vendor themes, none are custom... strange...sounds like what rashard was describing. Thanks again.

Intermittent problems are BUMMERS! They frustrate you and, when you take it in and try to show someone the problem, you can't make it happen! (There's a Murphy's law to cover that one somewhere.)

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Send it back........if you have problems 3 times under the original 1st year warranty the refurbushed warranty is 90 days, they (At&t) will upgrade you for FREE! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!