Well, I got my 8330 yesterday and spent several hours entering in all my data, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Buckfever4life no está en línea Stack level 1

Browser config problems

Advertisement

Well, I got my 8330 yesterday and spent several hours entering in all my data, phone numbers and e-mail contacts. I tried to change my default browser to google.com but it would not let me. I called tech support and advanced tech support and was on the phone for well over an hour. When I go to the browser configuration screen, clear at the bottom, you should be able to delete the default homepage but mine wont let me. The delete button works on every other screen but this one. The tech told me that there should be another "box" or something underneat the homepage default in which mine does not have this. I do remember seeing it earlier in the day and it actually let me change the default, but then when I exited out and came back, the balckberry site was set for the default. Looks like I am going to have to go back to the store and get a new phone. The tech had me do a total wipe out and start from scratch and still nothing, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well this is what worked for me. First I went to options > advanced options > browser. I changed Default browser Configuration to Internet Browser.
    Send I opened my browser and press menu button > options > broswer configuration. I scrolled down to Start Page and changed it to Home Page. Then scrolled down to Home Page and changed it to what ever website I wanted.

Works every time.

Thanks, I did the exact same thing, but it wont let me delete (back space) to change it. I tried that with the advanced tech from alltel on the phone. There is supposed to be another option below the home page which mine does not have.

Thanks for the reply

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    do u have the use current button on bottom of screen?

do u have the use current button on bottom of screen?

Nope, this is the item that they believe is the glitch in my unit.

PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    wow...wierd

The thing is, I had it once yesterday and was able to change my home page. I went out to get back in to see if it saved it and then it never appeared again. The homepage is stuck on the blackberry homepage when the browser initiates. I am going to take it back to Alltel within the hour. I will try to get back on and let you know what they did.

Thanks again

PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    good luck

Basically they told me that I should wait till the new software comes out and upgrade then. I went to 2 different alltel stores today and 3 new phones and all of them were the same with being able o change my hoepasge address. I called advanced tech support and they put me through to people above them to rouble shoot still nothing. What should I do?

Also, I lost my browser setting when I D/L the deer hunting theme...Ihad to call Alltel again and have them send me service packs after i uninstalled the Theme. has anyone had problems when they ran a theme?
    Last edited by Buckfever4life; 10-16-2008 at 07:04 PM.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Wow, sounds like someone upstairs doesn't think you should have an 8330!

Seriously though I really hope you get all this figured out, I know I'd be going crazy by now in your position.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~