hey, i saw the PINPOINT thread #108420 on how to change a speaker on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

goryini no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Broken Speaker

Advertisement

hey, i saw the PINPOINT thread #108420 on how to change a speaker on the bb bold. i have a question, my bb bold doesnt sound anything at all, like alarms ringer or music. i do hear when im in a phone call, no problem in that, but it does not ring, and its not something from settings cause i have had a bb pearl for 2 years and bold now for 6 month. what i wanted to know is if that speaker is the same one i have broken so i can change it too, or is ther anything else i should have under consideration.

thanks for your time!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you've only had the Bold 6 months and you're having a problem with the speaker and you've already checked your profiles to make sure the sound settings are where you want them at, then I'd warranty it out. I'd rather let RIM do the work for me then open the phone up to void the warranty.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

goryini no está en línea Stack level 1
    i boughted second handed, without warranty, and it fell. the only thing that got broken was the loudspeaker.

thanks anyways. any other suggestion?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I can't say for sure as I've never compared them side by side, but I would imagine they are different to some degree as the Bold has a much cleaner sounding speaker, at least in my opinion. After looking at the parts online, they appear to be different and I imagine you wouldn't be able to swap them over.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS