Hi all, a while back i broke the screen on my Curve. I'm pretty sure ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

Broken Screen

Advertisement

Hi all, a while back i broke the screen on my Curve. I'm pretty sure the LCD is broke. When you turn it on its just white, purple and black. I got an 8820 to replace it but lately I've kind of been wanting to use my curve again. Is there any way I can fix it or should is it gone for good?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    lcd is 45 bucks...not sure how hard it ie to replace

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c-200_365.html
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    There's a super-thin ribbon cable connecting the screen to the mainboard (if you're careful, you'll be ok).
    Heh..just don't touch the screen...they never seem to clean up 100% (and once you have it reassembled, a smudge under the lens is gonna drive ya batty).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm...I might have to give it a try. Have you done this Ridicule? How tough is it?

Umm...I've taken a LOT of devices apart...so, probably not the best person to ask I didn't find it that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Umm...I've taken a LOT of devices apart...so, probably not the best person to ask I didn't find it that bad
    Haha. Pretend you haven't taken any devices apart. How hard do you think it would be if you've never taken one apart? Maybe I'll disasemble it a little bit before I order, maybe I'll be able to get a read on what I'm getting myself into...

Yep, I know that people have put links out there for changing your plastics (you'll need to watch that too - so you don't break anything as you're taking it apart)
    If you've taken any electronics apart in the past (and successfully reassembled them) you'll be fine.

Ok thanks for the help. I think I might give it a shot.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If you order the replacement from cnn.cn they will send along a link to their website where you can actually watch the whole process and follow along or watch it and then do it yourself. One of my employee's did this and she is not savvy at these types of things and replaced her screen and had it all back together within an hour.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thats cool. I have a 8700s screen I need to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    If you order the replacement from cnn.cn they will send along a link to their website where you can actually watch the whole process and follow along or watch it and then do it yourself. One of my employee's did this and she is not savvy at these types of things and replaced her screen and had it all back together within an hour.
    Awesome! I'm going to give it a shot, I wish I would have known this before I bought an 8820. Oh well, no harm in having a nice backup.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    One thing I didn't mention is you will need the tiny little tools with which to take the device apart. I believe it comes with one tool which allows you to take most of the device apart but not everything that you need. Don't quote me on that but I am almost positive that is what my employee ended up having to do was go to Home Depot or somewhere like that and get the extra tools needed. It is still cheaper than buying a new device though.

Good luck...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Believe you need a screwdriver set with Torque's 4, 5 & 6.

(btw...8700 screens are different...never pulled one of those off of the sysbrd)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well I've watched the video on YouTube and I don't think it looks too bad. I think I can handle it.