Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got back from a 2 week trip in S. Africa. I used a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Broke my curve!

Advertisement

I just got back from a 2 week trip in S. Africa. I used a different phone while overseas so I haven't been using the BB. But I took it out today to use it again and I dropped that sucker and the trackball popped out along w/ the silver ring!! The little prongs are all broken off. I can't upgrade until April to the Bold and to buy a new one from AT&T costs $350. WTF?!

Sorry...I just needed to vent a little. I'm feeling withdrawal pangs...

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Did you have insurance?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    No. AT&T didn't offer insurance for the Curve when I bought it and I couldn't add it when they started offering it later. I'm pretty much out of luck here unless I want to cough up the $.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If it is just the trackball then you can buy a replacement and then you will be good to go. A good place to start is http://cnn.cn.

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E
    You should be able to find a replacement trackball which includes the silver ring for under $15.00..

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Thank goodness that was all that broke. It sounds like an easy and cheap fix.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Here is a thread on trackball replacement that might help

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    Yeah the trackball is easy to replace. You guys wouldn't believe what my 8320 has had done to it. Blackberry's are durable devices. The one I'm posting from now has been dropped more than I can remember. Also I forgot it was in my pocket when I was at greers ferry lake in arkansas I was inner tubing and it got soaked but it I put it in the glove box of my baja. And it still works. I have had a bb since the 7520 on nextel but this is the most durable ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Ebay!
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Thanks all. I ordered a new trackball and hopefully it will do the trick. It just can't arrive soon enough. lol

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    ** Warning - this is a serious vent session ***

I know we all have our gripes about AT&T and I'm sure my situation isn't a new story by any means. But seriously, I've never been treated this way by AT&T. Ever. I've been a customer with them for 12 years in 3 different cities. I was without a contract for a long time since I liked buying unlocked phones and when I bought my BB in Nov 2007, an upgrade was long overdue.

So with my broken phone, I thought, maybe AT&T can do something for it's long term customer. Early upgrade to the Bold, discount on a refurbished Curve. Nope. They really don't give an ish unless your contract is up and want to sign you on for 2 more years. And even though I am eligible for an upgrade in April, just a few months away, I have to live with the broken phone. Lovely. Well, I do have a spare but you know what I mean. They don't know that.

Maybe I'll just take my broken phone self and head on over to T-Mobile. They have better plans anyway.

Sorry. I just got really frustrated with them today on the phone and in the store.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That totally sucks!!! I can't believe that you are basiclly 3 months from your renewal date and they wont work with you. On Alltel I can't remember if it is 60 or 90 days but if you are that close to end of contract they let you upgrade. I would be steamin'.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yea I would be steaming as well, especially if I to were a 12 year loyal customer. Thats messed up. I bet if you said you were going to pull the plug and head on over to T-Mobile they may just bend over for you. lol It never fails.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Yes come on over to T-Mobile you'll love it!!! But I'm sorry about AT&T
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Yeah, as soon as that Javelin drops, I'm going to make that call. Do you like the t-mo service? I don't have a 3g phone now so I guess I won't really miss it. lol. As long as it has wifi and the GPS, I'm happy.

Update::

And of course, the replacement trackball arrived today but without the silver ring, which is the part that actually needs to be replaced. Maybe this is a sign that I should just leave the BB behind. Ugh.
    Last edited by E3BK; 01-17-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast