Just bought a Curve today and I can't figure out how to adjust the brightness ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Brightness & trackball issues.

Advertisement

Just bought a Curve today and I can't figure out how to adjust the brightness with auto dim on. On my 8800 I just press the power button to do this, how do I do this on the Curve?

Also my Curve trackball seems to have a mind of it's own, it's all over the place I want to go up it goes down or doesn't move for a few seconds before responding whereas my 8800 trackball is pretty smooth. Any ideas or calibration tips?

Thanks.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Brightness & trackball issues.

To adjust the brightness of the screen on the curve go to options/ Screen/keyboard and adust there.

As for your track ball acting like that and it being your first day with it I would definately swap it out for a properly working device. That doesn't sound right at all. The lagging isn't right at all either. You can try a battery pull but if that doesn't solve EVERY trackball issue immediately I would swap it right now.

OH and you can set the trackball speed in the same place you set your brightness but going up when you say go down? Thats busted if you ask me.
    Last edited by Dafodyll; 09-07-2007 at 10:37 PM.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Ok, so I figured out that the feature of being able to adjust brightness with one key is not on the Curve at all, so I turned off auto backlight completely and set brightness to 100. Sucks not having the BB dim itself to save battery life but I need to see what's on the screen, it was just too dark with auto backlight on, and it didn't even adjust to light changes now that I think about it... unlike my 8800 which does this.

the trackball has calmed down now, but it does still stall for a few seconds occasionally. Is this normal on the Curve?

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Your track ball issue (I would say) is not common is the respect of a delay or going in the wrong direction, especially with a new device. But with "broken in" curves some of us (myself included) have a slight problem with dust, dirt, and finger grime making it react a little slower shall I say. There is a thread posted on how to clean and/or replace it somewhere(?). And as for it not adjusting to different lighting, I would say you got a "LEMON". Bring it back and get rid of the headache. You might as well be able to enjoy your new toy, instead of it toying with you! Good luck!

PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Ok, returned the Curve today, tried another one in the store that had similar trackball issues. I decided to just get a refund. I'm back to my 8800 for now.

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm sorry to hear about your curve problems. It really is a great device. I moved over from the pearl whichi must admit had a slightly better trackball, but I love the curve for what it is. Anyway, I hope your bb frustration wares off and you can get back to "it". Sux tho!

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I am very surprised to hear this. What are the odds of you finding two that have the trackball issue. I'm sorry you had to get a refund. Do you at least enjoy your 8800? When I go into the store I go to one girl that I trust and she will open 5 boxes if thats what it takes for me to find the unit that is perfect for me.

Oh and Mrnrandazzo....My pearl had a better track ball too. I'm not unhappy with my curves track ball but the pearl was smoooooooth.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    I am very surprised to hear this. What are the odds of you finding two that have the trackball issue. I'm sorry you had to get a refund. Do you at least enjoy your 8800? When I go into the store I go to one girl that I trust and she will open 5 boxes if thats what it takes for me to find the unit that is perfect for me.

Oh and Mrnrandazzo....My pearl had a better track ball too. I'm not unhappy with my curves track ball but the pearl was smoooooooth.
    My 8800 trackball is just Aces!! Love it. But I still love the thubwheel on my 8700c more... hehehe... Guess that's why I kept it around, still looks brand spanking new too...

I almost gave in to temptation when I got my refund, to buy an iphone... but my friend who went with me to the at&t store reminded me that she dropped her iphone and the glass shattered... She picked up a red Pearl by the way... a model with enough common sense to go Blackberry. I'm so proud of her

dlo_604 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2063A13F

hahaha i'm loving my BERRY I'm harsh hooked hahahaha.