ok... just got my 8320 yesterday and was in the process of installing 4.2.2.180 and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

bricked... help...

Advertisement

ok... just got my 8320 yesterday and was in the process of installing 4.2.2.180 and an error occured during the installation and BAM! Bricked!!

now my curve just says "app error 200" and there's the word "reset" selected below and when i select it, it just hangs with the hourglass... then gives me the "app error 200, reset" message again...

now what?

help!

bkeaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: bricked... help...

try a battery pull?? I take it it was on the last step of the upgrade??

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

dan, try this link
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2032617878

Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays APP Error 200 Reset.

Resolution

Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    6. If prompted, enter the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the smartphone. Click Next.
    9. Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    10. Click the Advanced button and ensure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.
    11. Click Next, and click Next again.
    12. Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

o2sys no está en línea Stack level 2

Same thing happened to me, easiest way is to wipe handheld using jlr comdr. Then just run dm again with wat ever os u want...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks all...

will give it a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    dan, try this link
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2032617878

Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays APP Error 200 Reset.

Resolution

Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    6. If prompted, enter the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the smartphone. Click Next.
    9. Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    10. Click the Advanced button and ensure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.
    11. Click Next, and click Next again.
    12. Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.
    tried this, but it only gives two COM ports, not the USB port... when the bb was functioning, it showed the COM ports and the USB with the PIN...

visited a tmobile retail location and they said i needed to have a receipt to get an exchange... unfortunately, i got this as a gift and wasn't supplied with a receipt...

any ideas? what was that jlr commander thing?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    haha I basically bricked my phone updating the Tmo OS earlier today. This link did the trick. Man a little bump lead to no phone and dedicated online searching. haha
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

after the last 24 hrs of research and trial and error, i was able to save my curve... the following thread was quite helpful...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

thanks to all for the help!