Dear all, I have a fatal probem I currently have the Blackberry 8320 Emerald Black ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Guru86 Guest

Bricked Blackberry 8320 arghhhh

Advertisement

Dear all,

I have a fatal probem

I currently have the Blackberry 8320 Emerald Black on Orange

I downloaded desktop manager 4.6

And also downloaded the Orange 4.5 release version 75

Followed prompts... however upon it erasing the Blackberry just disconnected itself querying this i unplugged this and now its showing as disabled on the PC

I need help and my desktop manager isnt recognising my Blackberry anymore stupid upgrade has messed it up i think ive bricked it only after it having after a day.

I get this message

A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. please try again

What do i do i need help fast.. i want 4.5 also.. i aint set up e-mail or anything.

Also my Blackberry doesnt switch on anymore and the PC doesnt recognise it wtf. i followed all the prompts properly.

All i am getting a red flash light please help somebody?

Regards.
    Last edited by Guru86; 09-26-2008 at 06:38 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Guru,

It sounds like your BB is not capable of doing a wipe. Since all I can determine from your post is that you have a mess on your hands, I'd start completely over. Remove DM and the the OS from you p-c via Control Manager, add/remove programs.

I'd download and install DM 4.3 - I KNOW that it works - I still use it. (After you get past this hurdle you can upgrade DM to any version you want to.)

Then I'd install the OS (download it if you don't have the install package) to your p-c and delete the vendor file BEFORE you install it to your BB.

Follow these instructions to upgrade your OS. Take your time and CAREFULLY follow each instruction. This process can take an hour or more - don't be impatient. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    the same thing happened to me today....try connecting the bb via usb...open your dm and open application loader..now do a soft reset on your bb..or battery pull..replace battery quickly..you should see the upgrade prompt again .i hope this works for you
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Guru86 Guest
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

This is the error i cant do anything as my PC isnt recognising my Blackberry what do i do.

This is really frustrating i did everything properly how can it have crashed and bricked.

I just want to use my Blackberry thats all its really frustarting it doesnt work it wont recognise the device.
    Last edited by Guru86; 09-26-2008 at 08:00 PM.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    when you plug your bb in the pc, it wont read it because it needs to reinstal the drivers for the usb, and when you reset the blackberry while its connected to the usb it will download the drivers for your blackberry while the bb powers on,
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Guru86 Guest
    Thanks i dont know how to do it again, its not doing it what your telling me

nartac no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think the problem is your unit is in a constant loop of turning on and off. If I'm not wrong, your led would come on red and then off and your PC would continue to detect and undetect the phone I'm I correct. If this is so, it may be a hardware problem but you can try the following step. If you are lucky, you may get your BB alive again.

install your DM and your handheld software. Make sure to delete vendor.xml in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder.

next, open up your command console (start->all programs->accessories->command prompt)
    type in "cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" then enter
    then type "loader /nojvm"

now plug in the usb to your BB, click next on the loader window. Wait until the loader program detects your usb:unknown and immediately click on next. Then proceed to install your OS from there.

This method is not a guarantee you will get your BB back but give it a try. You have nothing to lose but I suspect you will still get the fatal error message.

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    when mine does this and the comp wont detect my bb i have learned to take the battery out nplus your usb port in and prompt it to find by usb. then it usually works and i put the battey back in a few minutes after the upgrade starts. good lck
    Stasha

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3
    nartac if that doesnt work, what else can be done?
    thanks!