I'm running the new bb mesenger. I was chatting and I went to add location ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Abdul Mateen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    5C46CA32

Bricked

Advertisement

I'm running the new bb mesenger. I was chatting and I went to add location and my phone went black. Then came back on to the rebooting symbol. Been like this for almost 30 mins. Help. Everything is up to date.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

rud562 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How did you download the bb msgr? From your phone or your computer?
    BlackBerry8350i/4.6.1.204 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Mateen View Post
    I'm running the new bb mesenger. I was chatting and I went to add location and my phone went black. Then came back on to the rebooting symbol. Been like this for almost 30 mins. Help. Everything is up to date.
    Is it still stuck on the hourglass symbol? If so, then we'll probably have to reload the OS.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    5C46CA32
    I went ota. Yes its still stuck some 20 hrs later. Now I'm force to use my tour until I can get a replacement 8350i.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, did you try just removing the battery for about 5 mins? If that doesn't work, you're going to have to reload the OS. You can try connecting the device and see if DM will recognize it, allowing you to backup and do a restore, otherwise you'll need to use the Loader.exe to force an upgrade. Both are assuming it will connect in the first place. If not, you'll probably want to follow the thread here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    5C46CA32
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Ok, did you try just removing the battery for about 5 mins? If that doesn't work, you're going to have to reload the OS. You can try connecting the device and see if DM will recognize it, allowing you to backup and do a restore, otherwise you'll need to use the Loader.exe to force an upgrade. Both are assuming it will connect in the first place. If not, you'll probably want to follow the thread here.
    Hey thanks. I'm going to try the steps in that thread. Let you guys know later if it worked

PIN/ID
    5C46CA32
    I had to wipe the os and downgrade. Luckily I backed up the handheld last week. Now I'm upgrading to the newer os. Thanks for the help. You guys are the best

PIN/ID
    Ask
    No problem. Let me know if you need any more help.
    How to upgrade your OS