Is there any way to wipe all the bookmarks that are on the BB. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bookmarks

Advertisement

Is there any way to wipe all the bookmarks that are on the BB. I want to start over and just have the ones that i need in the bookmarks folder. It seems so unorganized to have all those bookmarks that aren't being used just sitting in there. If ya can great if you can't then i guess i will have suppress my OCD and deal with it haha

Thanks

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    well i guess i have OCD too cuz im wondering the same thing! hopefully someone will have the answer to this. or at least the answer i wanna hear!
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    While in bookmarks, press your delete key on your phone, and confirm... I bet there is a file somewhere you could edit with a file edit prog, but I dont know which one.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by che17 View Post
    Is there any way to wipe all the bookmarks that are on the BB. I want to start over and just have the ones that i need in the bookmarks folder. It seems so unorganized to have all those bookmarks that aren't being used just sitting in there. If ya can great if you can't then i guess i will have suppress my OCD and deal with it haha

Thanks
    A lot of those bookmarks are "shoved down your throat" by T-Mobile (or others?) but one thing you can do is go into your browser, press the menu key and select options>browser config and set the start page to bookmarks page so you don't have to look at them every time you open your browser.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    While in bookmarks, press your delete key on your phone, and confirm... I bet there is a file somewhere you could edit with a file edit prog, but I dont know which one.
    I tried this and it didn't work.

The thing that really bothers me the most it this. I am using 4.5 and when i hit Menu> Go To. It show the URL bar, and the Search bar right below that. Then below that there is "Bookmarks..." and on my BB it show "Home Page (Blackberry Bookmarks)" followed by "Home Page (Wap Bookmarks)" The "Bookmarks..." space on allows 5 entries to show there. So it is those 2 then 3 of my bookmarks. So in order for me to access the other bookmarks I have to hit menu>bookmarks>then scroll past links, t-zones links, and wap bookmarks. All this before i get to Blackberry Bookmarks where my other bookmarks are at.

This is so annoying I only use 6-7 bookmarks and i would like to have the most recent ones used to show up in the Menu>go to> bookmarks space for easy access. Why TMo is shoving all this junk down my throat beats me.

But i hope all that makes sense, if it doesn't just explain what doesn't and i will try to explain it better so that i can get this fixed and help other ppl that are having the same problem. Oh and wow i used 'bookmarks' so much in this post ha.

Thanks

I tried this and it didn't work.

The thing that really bothers me the most it this. I am using 4.5 and when i hit Menu> Go To. It show the URL bar, and the Search bar right below that. Then below that there is "Bookmarks..." and on my BB it show "Home Page (Blackberry Bookmarks)" followed by "Home Page (Wap Bookmarks)" The "Bookmarks..." space on allows 5 entries to show there. So it is those 2 then 3 of my bookmarks. So in order for me to access the other bookmarks I have to hit menu>bookmarks>then scroll past links, t-zones links, and wap bookmarks. All this before i get to Blackberry Bookmarks where my other bookmarks are at.

This is so annoying I only use 6-7 bookmarks and i would like to have the most recent ones used to show up in the Menu>go to> bookmarks space for easy access. Why TMo is shoving all this junk down my throat beats me.

But i hope all that makes sense, if it doesn't just explain what doesn't and i will try to explain it better so that i can get this fixed and help other ppl that are having the same problem. Oh and wow i used 'bookmarks' so much in this post ha.

Thanks
    What I'm saying is go into your browser, press the menu key and select options>browser config and set the start page to bookmarks page. Then, when you go into your browser you'll be "closer" to your own bookmarks, even tho the top five are T-Mobile bookmarks - you can minimize those and at least see the top of YOUR bookmarks. For me, when I select (my) bookmarks from there, every subsequent time I go into the browser, my bookmarks start at the top of the display. Does that help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

That does help kinda takes care of the problem that i was having. I just wish that i could get those bookmarks to show up in the Go To menu. But thank you i am using this method now.

That does help kinda takes care of the problem that i was having. I just wish that i could get those bookmarks to show up in the Go To menu. But thank you i am using this method now.
    There's probably a way to get rid of that stuff but I imagine that the next time you reboot of send service books or something they'd probably send it right back. I guess we just have to deal with some of life's little annoyances for the sake of technology.

Okay so now that i have been using my browser this way for a week i have to say thanks again i love it this way it just works out so much better!!!