has any one moved from bold to javelin. Am a bold user and am planning ... BlackBerry Curve forum

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

BOLD to JAV

Advertisement

has any one moved from bold to javelin. Am a bold user and am planning to upgrade/downgrade to a 8900. Ex bold users, do tell me if its a good decision. I know I'll be able to handle the small size coz I was a 8300 user before. I am really excited about the autofocus cam and the extra memory.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    How could you live without the 3G???

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you like the Bold stick to it.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You just answered your own question. You will be happy with a 8900 im sure.
    The only thing you have to ask yourself is "do i care about 3G enough to pass on the extra memory and autofocus that i care about?"

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    3G is good to have. But 3g is not all that when I comes down to it. EDGE works just is good and is about just 2 or 5 sec behind 3g; that is not a big gap. I think it the processing power plays a big part. The bold has a bigger processor than the Jav. I will be getting the Jav as well because I am with Tmo and I am due for an upgrade. So far the unlock Bold I have work very fast on EDGE. I hope the Jav will live up to the hyip that it has been given.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

One question...What goes does it do to get 3G in an area where its not usable??? I see people all the time asking about how others could live without it. Its not available here yet anyway so what's the big deal?

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can you voip calls without 3G? The size is just bit different. Take the 9000!!

PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

One question...What goes does it do to get 3G in an area where its not usable??? I see people all the time asking about how others could live without it. Its not available here yet anyway so what's the big deal?
    exactly! I don't hv 3g where I live and I hv wifi @home and work. I like the small size of 8900. Has anyone felt the difference in processing power between bold and jav?? If not I'd love to switch.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    If you are pretty much using something and not being able to make use of the full capabilities ( in this case the 3G ), you are better off getting the 8900. The Bold has a better processor than the 8900. It looks and feels just like the Bold so you won't loose much on the astethics portion of it. But it does not have the 3G that you don't need. Give the Javelin a try and see how you like it. I am a Bold user as well and I was thinking of getting the Jav. I don't think I will be able to handle anything but the Bold at this point. Just my thoughts for you. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    you will NOT, definitely NOT, see a difference as far as processor speed. PERIOD.
    No matter what ANYBODY tells you. I have extensively used both and you cannot, as of today (i dont know what the future will bring as far as heavy apps) feel the difference.

Also the fact that you have wifi @home and @work makes you able to subscribe to an UMA package and make unlimited phone calls while you are connected to your wifi networks - which only the 8900 can do not the 9000.

PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    you will NOT, definitely NOT, see a difference as far as processor speed. PERIOD.
    No matter what ANYBODY tells you. I have extensively used both and you cannot, as of today (i dont know what the future will bring as far as heavy apps) feel the difference.

Also the fact that you have wifi @home and @work makes you able to subscribe to an UMA package and make unlimited phone calls while you are connected to your wifi networks - which only the 8900 can do not the 9000.
    Thnx ranxoren. Am picking up the jav today.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

It's hard to miss something you've never had

scoundrel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242100A9
    I went from the 9000 to the 8900. Well, I still have the 9000. But, reasons why went downgrade:-
    1. Size and Weight. 8900 much lighter and smaller in size. For me this is quite important.
    2. 3G, I miss it for quick downloads, but, network coverage where i am (Dubai) is horrible. Calls keep dropping.

3G is the main drawback in the 8900. Size, weight and looks.... the 8900 wins all the way.
    Almost forgot, on the 8900 none of your normal chargers and USB cables will not work. You need to buy the micro usb accessories. Been using a Motorola car chrger which dates back to the Razor days.

Sometimes, i miss the 3G part of the Bold. Yes, 8900 does lack in memory I think cause of the slower processor. Apllications slow down and everytrhing else, but that can be fixed very quick with the memory cleaner.