Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by ranxoren Glad to see a BB Family lol. But yeah your sons ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rafkin no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Glad to see a BB Family lol.
    But yeah your sons Bold might be one of the few that have random reboots due to a bad battery connector that makes the battery basically disconnect from the phone for a millisecond and then connect back which would cause a shutdown and reboot but so fast that it just looks like a random reboot.
    That or he just needs to find the perfect OS for him
    Theres a couple beta OSs right now, .218 is in the wild too
    Thanks for the info ranxoren! Is there a fix for the battery connection thing that he can do himself or does he need to return the phone? I know he said he does not remember having the problem before his update to .185 so we thought .210 might do the trick. Also, he is just installing over the old OS and not wiping so I think that will be next on our list.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No that connector issue usually needs a replacement.

Yeah try going back to .185 and if that doesnt do the trick try .185 AFTER A WIPE

Rafkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks alot, and sorry if I jumped the thread here. I still prefer the BOLD over the 8900 for me.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
    Thanks alot, and sorry if I jumped the thread here. I still prefer the BOLD over the 8900 for me.
    Youre more than welcome . thanks for your input.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by kramed View Post
    I sure wouldn't pay to downgrade.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Obviously you haven't used the 8900. I personally wouldn't consider it a downgrade. It is the best of both worlds for people, like me, who prefer a smaller device with all the features of the larger one, this is an amazing device.

The keyboard is classic CURVE. The screen resolution is better than the Bold. The phone is light-weight so it doesn't feel like you are holding a deck of cards to your ear.

Downgrade? Not in the least.

The lack of 3G hasn't made a whit of difference to me. I don't txt and talk at the same time. There are just some things you shouldn't do while talking on the phone... Texting and driving are just two of them.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Obviously you haven't used the 8900. I personally wouldn't consider it a downgrade. It is the best of both worlds for people, like me, who prefer a smaller device with all the features of the larger one, this is an amazing device.

The keyboard is classic CURVE. The screen resolution is better than the Bold. The phone is light-weight so it doesn't feel like you are holding a deck of cards to your ear.

Downgrade? Not in the least.

The lack of 3G hasn't made a whit of difference to me. I don't txt and talk at the same time. There are just some things you shouldn't do while talking on the phone... Texting and driving are just two of them.
    +1 as i said before i, too, dont consider it a downgrade AT ALL

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
    I have a BOLD, wife has a 8900 and son has a BOLD. all three are on Rogers. I prefer the BOLD due to the larger design and that is exactly why the wife likes the 8900, smaller. Both of ours has worked flawwlessy since day 1. i have updated mine from original .167 to .185 and now to .210 and have had good results with each upgrade. I am not allowed to touch the OS on the wifes, she likes it the way it is and is not having any problems and therefore wants it left alone. Guess something can be said for that. Son on the other hand has had nothing but problems with his BOLD. He has done the same upgrades I have and is still getting reboots. Guess like Archer says, there is no one great BB, just whatever one is good for you and it is also hit and miss if you get a good one or not. all three of us come from Pearls and did not have an ounce of problems with those.
    And it's this very issue that has me so disgusted with RIM.

This time last year there was not a single thread on PinStack talking about which OS version should be installed to get one's new BlackBerry to work properly.

One could go out and buy a new BlackBerry of any model, bring it home and enjoy it.

Hello RIM?
    What... just what is going on?
    Why the collapse in Quality Control?
    Why the OS issues?
    Hello RIM?
    Anyone care?
    Anyone paying attention?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    And it's this very issue that has me so disgusted with RIM.

This time last year there was not a single thread on PinStack talking about which OS version should be installed to get one's new BlackBerry to work properly.

One could go out and buy a new BlackBerry of any model, bring it home and enjoy it.

Hello RIM?
    What... just what is going on?
    Why the collapse in Quality Control?
    Why the OS issues?
    Hello RIM?
    Anyone care?
    Anyone paying attention?

Agreed but trust me, as you already know, RIM does monitor the forums and is aware of this going on ...

No that connector issue usually needs a replacement.
    Is the battery connector a "real issue" ?
    Has this been confirmed?
    I'm not doubting anyone, I'm just trying to get clarification, as while I've read that some people are making adjustments to theirs I was wondering if this is indeed an issue that affects more than just a few phones. I've not contacted AT&T, nor would they give me the true story on it anyway.

That's why I knew I had such BAD BOLDS, at the time, as when I called in they came right out and admitted it was a "known issue" which is the closest that they will come to admitting there is a problem with a huge number of phones.

RIM's poor performance in delivering useful, usable, problem free devices is becoming the predominate issue, and I for one am very concerned. If we cannot trust RIM to deliver quality when we are paying hundreds of dollars per phone, then we cannot be expected to remain loyal.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Is the battery connector a "real issue" ?
    Has this been confirmed?
    I'm not doubting anyone, I'm just trying to get clarification, as while I've read that some people are making adjustments to theirs I was wondering if this is indeed an issue that affects more than just a few phones. I've not contacted AT&T, nor would they give me the true story on it anyway.

That's why I knew I had such BAD BOLDS, at the time, as when I called in they came right out and admitted it was a "known issue" which is the closest that they will come to admitting there is a problem with a huge number of phones.

RIM's poor performance in delivering useful, usable, problem free devices is becoming the predominate issue, and I for one am very concerned. If we cannot trust RIM to deliver quality when we are paying hundreds of dollars per phone, then we cannot be expected to remain loyal.
    It has NOT been confirmed but I have a couple friends working in the Tech dept and they told me that a couple of returned Bolds for random reboots had this problem. Again it has not been officially acknowledged. They also told me that some of bolds returned for that same reboot issue had to be wipe and have the OS reinstalled.
    So yeah the issue is there according to them on a couple of different Bolds they've handled.

Agreed but trust me, as you already know, RIM does monitor the forums and is aware of this going on ...
    Yes I am aware that RIM does monitor forums. However there is a time to take action, and that time is NOW.

For every loyal enthusiast like so many of us here, there are an unknown number of first time BB users that get a faulty or poor performing BlackBerry and just chuck it and go to an iPhone or other smartphone. They don't complain, they don't take time to give feedback, they just buy a phone that works and move on. A customer lost forever.

This is not in RIM's best interest, or ours. They suffer, we suffer.

How am I, one of RIM's biggest advocates expected to continue to suggest a new BlackBerry to my friends, associates, and others when I now know it's a crap shoot and they may have a very bad experience?

Thus I have stopped referring people. That in itself is very significant as I touch a lot of people in the course of just one week. Now multiply that by all the other BlackBerry advocates that have made the same choice. Why risk our personal credibility over a phone which is no longer a sure bet.

The depth of this is beyond what many may realize.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yes I am aware that RIM does monitor forums. However there is a time to take action, and that time is NOW.

For every loyal enthusiast like so many of us here, there are an unknown number of first time BB users that get a faulty or poor performing BlackBerry and just chuck it and go to an iPhone or other smartphone. They don't complain, they don't take time to give feedback, they just buy a phone that works and move on. A customer lost forever.

This is not in RIM's best interest, or ours. They suffer, we suffer.

How am I, one of RIM's biggest advocates expected to continue to suggest a new BlackBerry to my friends, associates, and others when I now know it's a crap shoot and they may have a very bad experience?

Thus I have stopped referring people. That in itself is very significant as I touch a lot of people in the course of just one week. Now multiply that by all the other BlackBerry advocates that have made the same choice. Why risk our personal credibility over a phone which is no longer a sure bet.

The depth of this is beyond what many may realize.
    Hmm great points as always. I stand corrected

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123