Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ranxoren, I do not dispute your experiences, however when one lives in the same general ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Ranxoren, I do not dispute your experiences, however when one lives in the same general area where the headquarters of RIM is located, and where Rogers is the main carrier of BlackBerrys, the customers are bound to get the best. Also we must take cultural differences into account. Canadians are generally more responsible & frugal than Americans. It's a throwaway society in the US. Not in Canada or even the UK for that matter. As a result a company like AT&T in the US knows they can get away with issues that would not be tolerated elsewhere. I'm not suggesting that they should all be perfect. That's too unreasonable. However what I AM suggesting is they should not be as bad as some of them have been. Finally the point that I have clearly spelled out repeatedly is that this has NEVER happened before with RIM. They have broken their own tradition. They have lowered their own standards and shipped grossly flawed BlackBerrys unlike any time in the past.

~via BlackBerry Bold~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I stand corrected. As always Archer you make really good points.
    Indeed we, rogers customers, are treated by RIM to heavenly devices, theres obviously the odd defective one here and there but theyre usually pretty good - if not perfect.

Along this same topic, when RIM introduced the very first Pearl. A totally new BlackBerry unlike any other, they simply worked. There were a few very small issues none of which required a rewrite of the OS. Never has RIM shipped such iffy BlackBerrys as they have with the Bold & Storm. That's the point. We only have the past experiences to compare with, and in this situation it's not looking good. Believe me, I always give RIM every benefit of the doubt. However with recent performance being the way it has, it's hard to justify.

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    It may just be me, but I feel like the Bold is really big compared to the 83XX. I went by AT&T today and held one... I didn't like the feel of it. Though, it is a great phone indeed just not for me. the 8900 just has really nice "Curves" to it lol nice and petite

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Haha well that's just personal preference some people like Archer LOVE the extra size, i too find the Bold to feel nicer in hand but i prefer the design of the Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    It may just be me, but I feel like the Bold is really big compared to the 83XX. I went by AT&T today and held one... I didn't like the feel of it. Though, it is a great phone indeed just not for me. the 8900 just has really nice "Curves" to it lol nice and petite
    This is one of RIM's strong points, they give us choices of different sizes & features. I think it's really great. Instead of only having the Bold to choose from you have the 8900. I truly prefered my 8310 over my 8820 (same size as Bold) because the 8310 had a keyboard I preferred even though it was small for me. Now with the Bold RIM has created a keyboard that works well for me, therefore I can also enjoy the larger size as I have large hands. Everyone wins. There is a model for everyone. I don't view it like "this BB is the best" but rather I see it as whatever BB suits each of us is the best. I have yet to find a BlackBerry that I don't like. They all have great features and applications.

Cheers...
    ~via BlackBerry Bold~

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is one of RIM's strong points, they give us choices of different sizes & features. I think it's really great. Instead of only having the Bold to choose from you have the 8900. I truly prefered my 8310 over my 8820 (same size as Bold) because the 8310 had a keyboard I preferred even though it was small for me. Now with the Bold RIM has created a keyboard that works well for me, therefore I can also enjoy the larger size as I have large hands. Everyone wins. There is a model for everyone. I don't view it like "this BB is the best" but rather I see it as whatever BB suits each of us is the best. I have yet to find a BlackBerry that I don't like. They all have great features and applications.

Cheers...
    ~via BlackBerry Bold~
    You make very good points there Archer, I agree with you on what you have said. Like you said there is a model for everyone out there.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I feel the same way. The Bold is a great device, but too big for my liking. I'll wait for the 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I do not see myself running out to get the 8900. It looks hot, wafer thin, sexy and all that, but I can't or do not want to live without the 3G. The Bold is running just Too Good to be true, and I can lay it on the table next to the polycom speaker phone and not have to listen to the static. The poor curve users have to keep them in their pocket. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

At just 5mm taller, 6mm wider & 0.5 thicker, the Bold is worth it.
    Now optimized on .210, I'm hooked on it's speed since I get 3G everywhere & WiFi nearly everywhere. The transition from my 8310 has been nearly seamless. The icing on the cake being the large hi-res display.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad to hear that your Bold is still up and running
    See I wasnt lying when i was telling you back in August that youd LOVE a fully functional bold !

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Glad to hear that your Bold is still up and running
    See I wasnt lying when i was telling you back in August that youd LOVE a fully functional bold !
    Very true. I was very skeptical of the keyboard & glad I listened to your assurance what while it appeared exactly like the mediocre (for me) keyboard on the 8820, it is drastically improved. Especially since it's more spacious than any other current models.

~ via Bold! ~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Very true. I was very skeptical of the keyboard & glad I listened to your assurance what while it appeared exactly like the mediocre (for me) keyboard on the 8820, it is drastically improved. Especially since it's more spacious than any other current models.

~ via Bold! ~
    That is exactly what I was thinking but since I work for Rogers as you know and that I was getting one anyways i decided to play with it, 5mins later I adopted it haha

Rafkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a BOLD, wife has a 8900 and son has a BOLD. all three are on Rogers. I prefer the BOLD due to the larger design and that is exactly why the wife likes the 8900, smaller. Both of ours has worked flawwlessy since day 1. i have updated mine from original .167 to .185 and now to .210 and have had good results with each upgrade. I am not allowed to touch the OS on the wifes, she likes it the way it is and is not having any problems and therefore wants it left alone. Guess something can be said for that. Son on the other hand has had nothing but problems with his BOLD. He has done the same upgrades I have and is still getting reboots. Guess like Archer says, there is no one great BB, just whatever one is good for you and it is also hit and miss if you get a good one or not. all three of us come from Pearls and did not have an ounce of problems with those.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad to see a BB Family lol.
    But yeah your sons Bold might be one of the few that have random reboots due to a bad battery connector that makes the battery basically disconnect from the phone for a millisecond and then connect back which would cause a shutdown and reboot but so fast that it just looks like a random reboot.
    That or he just needs to find the perfect OS for him
    Theres a couple beta OSs right now, .218 is in the wild too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast