Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Come on! Someone out there PLEASE give us an app to toggle bluetooth on/off from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth toggle on/off icon on home screen

Advertisement

Come on! Someone out there PLEASE give us an app to toggle bluetooth on/off from the home screen!

Three click to turn BT on (and get back to home screen). Come on! I mean, come on!

$9.95 to someone who develops it.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    you can set one of your side keys to go into manage connections and change it there.

options/screen/keyboard/side keys
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yeah, 3 clicks to access an option that is turned off, maybe every couple of hours, if even that, doesn't seem too inconvenient.

The side convenience key would help this a bit.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

How does that help? That's still three clicks.

Now if the convenience key could TOGGLE bluetooth on/off, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Yeah, 3 clicks to access an option that is turned off, maybe every couple of hours, if even that, doesn't seem too inconvenient.
    Every couple of hours? Maybe that is your experience, but not mine. What if I am in the car (stopped at a light, of course) and I want to make a hands free call, but "oh crud," my bluetooth is off. Wouldn't it be nice to turn on bt with one click?

I"m not one of "those people" who walks around with a bt headset on my ear all day.

Furthermore, bt interferes with wi-fi in my experience, so I frequently toggle it.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Why don't you set one of your home screen icons to BT on/off?

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Why don't you set one of your home screen icons to BT on/off?

How?!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Nvm. I forgot, but I know I had an icon on my home screen to turn it on and off. It either depended on the theme I was using, OS4.2, or my old pearl

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Nvm. I forgot, but I know I had an icon on my home screen to turn it on and off. It either depended on the theme I was using, OS4.2, or my old pearl
    That's the point. There is no icon for the 8320 with OS 4.5. An old funtionality has been stolen from us! Give it back!

daburrrninator no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is exactly what I came here looking for. I cant believe they would take that out, most people might be fine with it, but I liked being able to toggle it on and off with a convenience key.

Nobody is listening

WHY!!!!!

I have seen some really silly apps made for the BB and sold for $5 or more. I'd pay $5 easily to get this simple functionality back. I'm surprised a developer hasn't picked this up.

I am not surprised, however, that RIM is not listening.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    how do you know RIM isn't listening? have you tried sending them e-mails asking if there is an easy fix or workaround to your query? or are you just lazy and like to complain? BB is written in java...if you want it sooo bad learn easy java and write the code...you gotta be proactive my friend not reactive. RIM does have an e-mail where they would like all suggestions sent for future OS and Device development...maybe drop them a line or 2 there

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    how do you know RIM isn't listening? have you tried sending them e-mails asking if there is an easy fix or workaround to your query? or are you just lazy and like to complain? BB is written in java...if you want it sooo bad learn easy java and write the code...you gotta be proactive my friend not reactive. RIM does have an e-mail where they would like all suggestions sent for future OS and Device development...maybe drop them a line or 2 there

WTF are you talking about? I am willing to PAY someone to make a product. That is not lazy. That is identifying a market for someone who is capable and willing to do it. Is a car mechanic lazy because she does not go to law school and handle her own legal affairs? Is a hair stylist lazy because he doesn't go to business school and hires an accountant to do his books? Is a jewelry designer lazy because he doesn't learn HTML and hires someone to make him a website? Your argument is moronic.

Furthermore, I am quite certain that RIM is not listening. This issue has been "complained" about since the Curve came out, and there have been MANY OS versions released since then.

And to answer your question about contacting RIM, I have posted this issue on RIM's discussion boards with no official answer. I have emailed the recommendation numerous times to bbsuggestions@rim.com, but have never received a response (positive or negative). So yes, I can assume they are not listening.

In short, KMA.

daburrrninator no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would love to pay for an app that does that, I dont have the time or knowledge to write one myself. I wouldnt want to spend the time learning java just to do that one thing when somebody who already knows how to code can do it rather quickly.

What I want to know more than anything, is why remove such a basic feature from the Curve, when its supposed to be superior to the Pearl? I can understand it the other way around, but cmon, why take a step backwards, especially when theyre using the same OS!. Its not like we're asking for a Mac feature on a PC.

mcslagerhaden no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by szumlanski View Post
    In short, KMA.

Wow! You said it sister!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast