Is there any way to play your music through the car speakers? I mean the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Bluetooth stereo to car stereo system?

Advertisement

Is there any way to play your music through the car speakers? I mean the calls work great but i don`t know how to play the music???

As far as I know the curve supports stereo bluetooth. Thanks for any inputs.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Bluetooth stereo to car stereo system?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i play my 8830 through my 2007 Toyota Camry XLE everyday. The way I do it is to use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter (not required for 8300 series phones) and then go from that into my AUX input on the car stero. I simultaneously have the phone part of the BB connected to the car via bluetooth. It plays the music fine and when a call comes in the music pauses and I hear the caller's voice through the stero but its the inline microphone in the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter that is the active microphone. There's an issue either in the car or in the BB where the bluetooth microphone does not become active. Also I have to answer calls on the blackberry--if I answer a call via the steering wheel button of the car then the other party can hear me but I can't hear them.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

It may depend on what BT Profiles your radio uses. I have used my curve to play music through one of the new home stereos that has BT. I remember there being an added profile that I had not seen before, something about audio control...

r3ckl3ss no está en línea Stack level 2

saw this in bestbuy last week...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1186006217582

If you are lucky enough to have an aux input available, this could be the ticket!

-r3ck

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The audio profile that both the car and the blackberry need to support is A2DP. Neither my car nor my Blackberry support it.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well I just have to find out if o5' bmw x3 is A2DP compatible. I doubt it has an 3,5 mm input.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

The 8300 does support A2DP though, so you should be able to stream it through a compatable A2DP bluetooth stero. The other option would be either AUX or FM transmitter.

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3

try this...

Parrot's MK6100 car kit lets you talk hands-free on a compatible phone, receive visual information on calls, and listen to conversations directly through your car stereo. The kit also streams MP3 music from any stereo Bluetooth A2DP source, such as a phone or portable MP3 player. It works with nearly all Bluetooth cell phones on the market and installs with most factory and aftermarket car stereo systems.
    The kit contains three components: a mute box that installs beneath the dashboard, a remote control keypad, and a display panel, plus hardware for mounting the keypad and display on your dash or steering wheel. Once your car's engine starts, the MK6100 connects automatically to your Bluetooth phone — just say a name and the MK6100 takes care of the dialing. The MK6100 can handle up to five Bluetooth devices at once.
    Read More

Visual convenience and security
    The MK6100's display panel features a high-contrast screen for showing phone numbers, caller names, and music information. Two built-in microphones on the display panel reduce noise and interference so you can hear the conversation clearly. The compact display panel detaches from its mounting base, so you can keep thieves from getting at the MK6100 when you're away.
    User-friendly controls
    The 6-button keypad and display screen guide you through phone functions from dialing to phonebook to voicemail, while you keep your eyes on the road. The scroll-knob on the keypad lets you control the volume and browse menus, plus you can rewind, fast-forward, and play the next or previous song.
    Easy operation
    With many phones, the voice recognition software remembers up to 150 names from your address book for dialing. You can talk in a normal tone — no need to shout, even in heavy traffic. Most importantly, the MK6100 mutes your car's radio at the onset of an incoming call, ensuring clear sound over your car's speakers.
    Note: Crutchfield carries cell phone kit harnesses that allow easy, plug-in connection of Parrot's Bluetooth car kits in a wide variety of vehicles. You can also hard wire the MK6100 to your car's stereo system. You may have to drill one or more holes into the dash or remove and remount the dashboard face to make the component connections completely free from visible wires, but hiding the wires is not necessary to operate the system.

Details:
    • hard-wired Bluetooth car kit includes OLED display panel, two microphones, remote-control keypad, and mute box
    • compatible with all Bluetooth phones and A2DP stereo devices
    • hands-free phone calls and streaming MP3 music with most factory or aftermarket car stereo systems (may require vehicle-specific adapters for factory systems)
    • automatically mutes your car stereo for phone calls
    • works with up to 5 Bluetooth phones
    • removable, dash-mounted display panel lists caller, number and streaming music information when available
    • 6-button, remote-control keypad controls all phone menu and music functions
    • voice-recognition software stores up to 150 names for hands-free dialing (only works with certain phones)
    • noise reduction and echo cancellation technology for clear voice transmission
    • dimensions: 3-1/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 9/16"D (display panel); 1-7/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 1-1/16"D (keypad); 5-3/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 1-1/16"D (mute box)
    • warranty: 1 year

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Back in the day I used a 40gb HD MP3 player in the trunk of my car for tunes while driving. Darn thing was getting on 8 years old, the audio quality was so-so and the hard drive was beginning to show signs of failure.

Now that I have a Bluetooth capable phone with 2gb, 4gb, etc of MicroSD mass storage I've dumped that old MP3 player unit and starting using my Curve for car audio. All you need is a Bluetooth capable car stereo (becoming more commonplace) or a Bluetooth receiver to feed the auxiliary audio signal to your existing car stereo.

The quality of the Bluetooth audio signal sounds quite good. Occasionally I hear a glitch like the Bluetooth signal had to resynchronize but I'm quite happy with the results. Might be worth a try for anyone not already using this feature.

I'm using this gadget from Scosche. 12v powered so it plugs right into most any car. Curious to hear from others using their BB this way, what they think of the audio quality, any issues, etc.

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../productID/442