Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hello all...been lurking a while when I was using the 8830, and recently upgraded to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    kawboyd's Avatar
    kawboyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    31B2B23A
    Posts
    4

    Question Bluetooth recommendations

    Advertisement



    Hello all...been lurking a while when I was using the 8830, and recently upgraded to the 8330. Wanted to see if anyone had some recommendations based on experience with the bluetooth earpieces they have used and liked.

    I was using a a Samsung WEP200 with my 8830, but cannot get this to pair with the 8330 even after unpairing from the old BB. So, figure I'll try something new.

    What have you found that fits well, listens well, talks well?

  2. #2
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Hey there! Welcome to the Stacks!

    You will find varied opinions with regard to which bluetooth device to use and I will therefore offer my mine. I've been using a Motorola H700 for over a year with great success. Not sure why you can't get your Samsung paired to the device, but from what I understand, that's a great device as well. Anyway, Motorola has come out with the H710 and H721 (black and chrome respectively, same features) which are upgrades to the H700 (greater noise reduction, etc).

    It's all a matter of what works for you, however, so the suggestion would be to go into a store and try out as many headsets as you can to see what will pair with your 8330 and that also will suit you comfort wise.

    Good luck!

    Roger

  3. #3
    lalctaylor's Avatar
    lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    348
    I use a Moto H500. Older, but never had a problem with it. My wife and I have had ours for 3 years. Just saw them at Target for $35 i believe.

  4. #4
    manapuaman's Avatar
    manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    Posts
    163
    Plantronics 510 will be my favorite for a while. The Plantronics 665 with the BB logo is my 2nd favorite. The 510 is comfortable, clear, and has the longest battery life ever. Only drawback is big size.
    Last edited by manapuaman; 07-06-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: add few things

  5. #5
    misterrx's Avatar
    misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Posts
    188
    Personally I have tried plantronics and jabra vx10 both are excrllent. BUT, if you can handle the size, the Jawbone with Noise cancellation is my hands down favorite.


    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #6
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor View Post
    I use a Moto H500. Older, but never had a problem with it. My wife and I have had ours for 3 years. Just saw them at Target for $35 i believe.
    I found that same one when I recently purchased my new Concorde LX lol. I never thought I would get one of those. I used to mock those people with bluetooth. They always looked like robots to me but now i'm part of that same crowd and it's very convenient when driving

  7. #7
    lsmithssbn's Avatar
    lsmithssbn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    328EBE2E
    Posts
    12
    I upgraded from the hs850 to the JAWBONE. I love it and even my wife said she could hear me better.

  8. #8
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    I have had several Moto H 700s and got really good service out of them. I am currently using the Moto HS 850 and like it a lot. For the money, Moto bluetooth devices seem to be very compatible with Blackberries.

  9. #9
    kawboyd's Avatar
    kawboyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    31B2B23A
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hey there! Welcome to the Stacks!

    You will find varied opinions with regard to which bluetooth device to use and I will therefore offer my mine. I've been using a Motorola H700 for over a year with great success. Not sure why you can't get your Samsung paired to the device, but from what I understand, that's a great device as well. Anyway, Motorola has come out with the H710 and H721 (black and chrome respectively, same features) which are upgrades to the H700 (greater noise reduction, etc).

    It's all a matter of what works for you, however, so the suggestion would be to go into a store and try out as many headsets as you can to see what will pair with your 8330 and that also will suit you comfort wise.

    Good luck!

    Roger
    Thanks for the response. I had used the earlier version of the motorola (h500), but it did not fit my ear very well - was constantly having to push the piece against my hear to hear. On the other hand, I have heard several sources that the h700 (and series) is very good, so will give that a look-see...

  10. #10
    kawboyd's Avatar
    kawboyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    31B2B23A
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrx View Post
    Personally I have tried plantronics and jabra vx10 both are excrllent. BUT, if you can handle the size, the Jawbone with Noise cancellation is my hands down favorite.


    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After my brother raved about the plantronics 640, I was looking at this (and its descendents)...I am not familiar with the jawbone, but will certainly give this one a look-see.

    Thanks for the info!

  11. #11
    kawboyd's Avatar
    kawboyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    31B2B23A
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor View Post
    I use a Moto H500. Older, but never had a problem with it. My wife and I have had ours for 3 years. Just saw them at Target for $35 i believe.
    Ah, a dookie...must give good advice! I had an earlier experience with the h500, but did not like the fit, but a lot of sources seem to like the newer ones (h700), so will have to try again with this one.

    Thanks for the response.

  12. #12
    Sjjones's Avatar
    Sjjones no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16
    My advise just buy one from a place were you can return it, Have had several , using a sound ID sm100 right now.

    just returned to Jawbone 2 , fit was never great, and if the "nip" does your cheek, people will be saying. "i can't hear you" .

    Everyones face and hearing is different, so you really might have to try a couple.

  13. #13
    jareemy8's Avatar
    jareemy8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11
    I personally have been using the 510 plantronics, which is my old trusty. I also have the jawbone and its great to but the plantronics has better sound to me. I've used motorola earpieces in the past and was not pleased w the durabilty.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •