I used to have a Pearl and was be able to sync with Outlook on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

I8UB4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth option "greyed out" in DM

Advertisement

I used to have a Pearl and was be able to sync with Outlook on my laptop via bluetooth. I can't figure out how to do this with my Curve. I am running DM 4.2 sp2, and when I try to configure the DM to sync via bluetooth, the option to do so is "greyed out". Does anybody know how I can enable this feature for the Curve?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Bluetooth option "greyed out" in DM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think it is in the options/settings to turn it off and on. Sorry would check to be sure but my store is out of curves and I carry a pearl still

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A

I have tried that with my 8800 and to no avail. I called AT&T no one had a clue as how to get the bluetooth working properly with the device.

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2

You using microsofts bluetooth stack? It only works with it. Same issue with my curve. All though you said your 8800 worked not sure if there is a difference in software.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I8UB4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dashnu
    You using microsofts bluetooth stack? It only works with it. Same issue with my curve. All though you said your 8800 worked not sure if there is a difference in software.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not sure what you mean by Microsoft's bluetooth stack. I have bluetooth built in to my laptop and I'm running Windows XP. The 8300 connects to the computer fine, I just can't set up the DM configuration to utilize bluetooth, so the DM doesn't recognize that the BB is connected.

LarryH no está en línea Stack level 1

Even though the Bluetooth is built into your laptop it's very likely that your laptop is using non-Microsoft drivers (Widcomm, Broadcomm, Toshiba, etc.) There are techniques for forcing your computer back to MS's stack (you have to be using XP SP2) but it's a trade-off. You can probably get DM to use Bluetooth but you could lose a ton of other functions that the 3rd party stack provides (like stereo bluetooth, etc.)

In the end, only you can decide if it's worth the trade-off. You might want to CLICK HERE
    Last edited by LarryH; 07-21-2007 at 01:21 PM.

http://www.drinkswithlarryandlauren.com