Hi all, I'm unable to pair my 8310 to the BB Desktop Software. I go ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth issue

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm unable to pair my 8310 to the BB Desktop Software. I go through the process of pairing with the laptop (Dell running XP with Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba V 4.31.02.6(D)) and it pairs correctly but when I try to use it to sync via the BB desktop software it doesn't find it at all. I've tried adding it manually but when the BB software searches it simply doesn't find it even though the Bluetooth software monitor is confirming that the device is currently connected and the phone is stuck in "Connecting to Desktop" mode.

I'm at my wits end on this and would really value some input. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.

The Curve connects to other bluetooth devices such as headsets just fine but won't connect to the Desktop Software. Are there some settings in the BB Desktop Software that I need to change so it see's the device?

Regards,

Ben
    Last edited by BenEadir; 08-06-2008 at 10:47 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You need to make sure you have that connection option configured in the Desktop Manager.

Don't know which version of Desktop Manager you have installed, but you'll go into Options>Connection Settings and then configure the Bluetooth settings in there by Enabling Bluetooth Support, then going into the Configure Bluetooth button.

Ben, which version of DM do you have? Keep in mind, too that there is a setting within the DM that will override the Bluetooth connection if you're also connected via the USB.

Hi RoGro,

I'm doing exactly as your recommend but when I go to "Add" device within "Configure Bluetooth" the search comes back empty so I can't add the device.

The DM version I'm using is 4.3.0.17. I'll check for an update just to rule that out.

Come to think of it, I had the same or similar trouble getting the wireless connection working until I upgraded to the 4.5 version of DM, so that's worth a shot. That is the latest version available from BlackBerry, so give that a whirl.

Make sure you bounce your laptop after you've installed the newer DM, too. I think it'll actually require you to do that anyway.

V4.5 of the Desktop Manager installed and it sync's fine via USB but I still can't get it to see the Curve. The laptop connects to it and when I try to add it to the DM it searches and comes back saying there is no device to add. Can anyone help? I've a feeling it's the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. Does anyone know if I can replace the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and replace it with a different bluetooth stack for a Dell D620 running XP?