Hi Guys, i use my berry for music while i cycle to work every day ... BlackBerry Curve forum

markmjh no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth Headset Cutting out

Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    i use my berry for music while i cycle to work every day and want to use my Motorola S9 bluetooth headset.
    This headset works fine on both my Sone Erriccson and my girlfriends Nokia, but for some reason it cuts out all the time when using on my berry.
    I have recently updated firmware to OS 4.6.1.310 and it is still the same on this. It is really frustrating and wired headsets work fine, but i would prefer to use wireless.
    Has anyone else found this problem, does anyone know of a solution.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
    Mark

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Mark, One thing you didn't mention is whether or not your BB cuts out when you play it through the speakers. See if it does that. It doesn't appear to be the BT headset so try to prove that it's your BB. If it DOES cut out without any earphones then probably the next thing to do is downgrade the the OS and see if it it still does it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Hiya,
    it is fine through the speaker and fine through normal headphones.
    It has done this on every build i have done on this phone(5 different OS i think).

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried unpairing the two and then reconnecting them? If it works fine on the other two devices you mentioned it should work on the BB as well.

I have unpaired and reconnected several times.

Could anything in your car (the ride to work) be interfering with the BT signal. Have you tried this combo anywhere besides your car?

The only thing you know for sure is that you have a problem. Now, to keep testing until you isolate it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I know this is the stupid question that shouldn't have to be asked, but what kind of charge do you have on the headset when you use it? Do any other bluetooth devices work on your berry?

Gets has a point. Do you have access to another BT device, or better, headset that you can try?

Tried a couple of stereo headsets, and all have been the same. The music plays but cutts out for between 1 and 10 seconds every 20 seconds or so.
    It will not be anything in my car, as i cycle to work

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you've used other headsets on the same route you take and there are no problems, you can rule out something blocking out the signal.