Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by sansaman The m1200 constantly loses bluetooth connection with my curve 8300 and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sansaman View Post
    The m1200 constantly loses bluetooth connection with my curve 8300 and apparently a lot of other people are too. It seems to be a problem with the bluetooth stack in the OS 4.2. Hold off on buying the m1200 until there is testing done on the 4.5 OS if the bluetooth is stronger and will not disconnect from the 1200. It will work with google maps.
    i wish i saw this before i bought my m1200. however, it's not that bad. with google maps, it loses connection with gpsr and after a few seconds finds it again! with bbmaps, u have to stop gps navigation and start it again and it works. hopefully the next OS upgrade (may be 4.5) will fix it! but then, is it just with holux m1200 or other gps receivers too?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    Roger that!

Yes, you are correct. as long as u have unlim data and are using a free (non-subscription) program like google maps, nav4all, bbmaps, etc. you are fine!

u have to pay subscription fees for some programs like telenav, mapquest navigator,etc. so i would stick to free programs (google maps works great and so do bbmaps, nav4all)!

and yea, 8310 comes with an in-built gps, so just unlim data is enough along with those free programs! if u r using a 8300, then u need external bluetooth gps receiver.
    Excellent! Thanks for the help. Do these apps have OTA downloads or how would you load them onto the device?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123